Wheel Weights

Fingermouse

Jul 27, 2004
I'm currently riding/training on Mavic Cosmic Carbones, I don't enter races or do time trials now and have started to look for hills rather than shudder when I find them. I live in the Valleys of South Wales so I've got plenty to find. Although the Cosmic Carbones are pretty to look at I feel i'm not using them for what they were designed for. I'm thinking of selling them and buying Ksyrium SSC SLs. They are 460g lighter which is equivalent to a tin of beans so without doubt It will be a lighter ride and i'll get up hills quicker or am I just being a Weight Weenie?

Fingermouse said:
I'm currently riding/training on Mavic Cosmic Carbones, I don't enter races or do time trials now and have started to look for hills rather than shudder when I find them. I live in the Valleys of South Wales so I've got plenty to find. Although the Cosmic Carbones are pretty to look at I feel i'm not using them for what they were designed for. I'm thinking of selling them and buying Ksyrium SSC SLs. They are 460g lighter which is equivalent to a tin of beans so without doubt It will be a lighter ride and i'll get up hills quicker or am I just being a Weight Weenie?

That weight difference sounds more like Cosmic ELITES vs SSC SLs.

armchair_spacem said:
That weight difference sounds more like Cosmic ELITES vs SSC SLs.
Actually Fingermouse's figures are pretty dead-on. The Cosmic Carbones are about 100g per wheel (205g /set) heavier than Cosmic Elites in clincher form.

for what its worth, the pros use the cosmic carbones on the fast flat stages and the kysriums for the hills. im sure everyone knows that, but just take it into consideration.