wheel with Shimano 7800 rear hub and DA 10 speed cassette on Campy

Hello

my LBS just told me that I can't run my Mavic Open pro wheel with
Shimano 7800 rear hub with a Dura Ace 10 speed cassette with my Campy
10 speed shifters and derailluers. But after browsing through the past
pstings here, it seems it is ok to do, is there any trick or something
special to do this?

-Mike

my LBS just told me that I can't run my Mavic Open pro wheel with
Shimano 7800 rear hub with a Dura Ace 10 speed cassette with my Campy
10 speed shifters and derailluers. But after browsing through the past
pstings here, it seems it is ok to do, is there any trick or something
special to do this?

-Mike

No.

D'ohBoy

I've heard reports that this actually works pretty well. If I were
you, I'd give it a try. Just be sure to make any necessary limit screw
adjustments.

FWIW, I ran Campy 9 stuff (shifters and derailers) with a Shimano 9s
rear hub/cassette without a hitch...

Andy M-S wrote:
> I've heard reports that this actually works pretty well. If I were
> you, I'd give it a try. Just be sure to make any necessary limit screw
> adjustments.
>
> FWIW, I ran Campy 9 stuff (shifters and derailers) with a Shimano 9s
> rear hub/cassette without a hitch...

I took my bike out today for a nice 20 mile ride, some rolling hills. I
did notice that when shifting from the little ring to the big ring, it
will only shift properly if the cassette is in a low gear, maybe like
13 or 14. I'm running 12-25 in back. Otherwise if I'm in a high gear
like 25 or 23 or whatever, the chain won't shift up from the little
ring to the big ring. I'm using a 5.9mm Campy 10 Speed Record chain.
My LBS had to bend in a little bit the front derailluer in order for
the chain to even shift. Any thoughts? The LBS pretty much tweaked the
deraillieurs but I'm thinking the 8 speed front derailluer or the Campy
10 speed chain is screwing things up.

-Mike