Wheelbuilders

bobbyOCR said:
New Update (I think you will struggle to find a person who changes their mind more)

I found a set of Neuvation R28Aero in GP cycles today for $329AUD. Bargain. I can't pass that up so I'm gonna get them as an intermediate pair to use until I decide I truly need some great race wheels. These should fare better for tt season as well.

That's great. Good for you! Personally, I would much rather own Neuvation wheels than Neutrons. Looks much better with the deeper rim and bladed spokes. Let us hear what you think about them.

I finally got around to spending 2 minutes on my new analogy which will hopefully contribute to debunking the external rim weight bollocks. :p

Heaps of dudes like to use automotive analogies for their rotational mass arguments, so, here's my counter -- and this is one reason rotational mass concerns on a bike have NEVER made sense to me

(these numbers may not be exact, but close enough to hopefully make a point)

If the average 6cyl sedan has a 190kw engine and weighs ~1800kg, that's a power to weight ratio of 105.5w/kg. If a 75kg good/average club cyclist on an 8kg bike can generate 1000w during a hard accleration, that's a power to weight ration of 12w/kg.

So, imagine if my 6cyl Ford suddenly loses 89% of it's power: what the HELL DIFFERENCE is 200g on the tyres gunna make to my very crappy acceleration speed when i'm trying to hall 1800kg with a 21kw engine!!

:)

"That's gold, Jerry, gold!!"

ban.jpg

These wheels will serve me better for the club TTs rather than neutrons. I am particularly interested in what the stiffness will be like, I'll post a ride review after I get them (Christmas).