Wheelbuilding spoke ? ? ?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by D T W .../\\..., Feb 24, 2003.

  1. I've got some DT Swiss double butted 2.0-1.8mm x 260mm long and Wheelsmith DB 2.0-1.7mm x
    261mm long.

    I'm building a front wheel, Mavic 317 disk rim, on a Chris King ISO disk hub.

    Spoke calc says 260 disk side - 261 right side for a 3X pattern.

    Would you build it with this combination of spokes?

    --
    DTW .../\.../\.../\...

    Tags:

  2. D T W .../\\... wrote:
    > I've got some DT Swiss double butted 2.0-1.8mm x 260mm long and Wheelsmith DB 2.0-1.7mm x
    > 261mm long.
    >
    > I'm building a front wheel, Mavic 317 disk rim, on a Chris King ISO disk hub.
    >
    > Spoke calc says 260 disk side - 261 right side for a 3X pattern.
    >
    > Would you build it with this combination of spokes?

    sure.... I've done whackier things.

    just be careful or the temporal rift in the time space continuum caused by the harmonic resonance of
    having mis-matched swage-gauges

  3. Shawn

    Shawn Guest

    "D T W .../\\..." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I've got some DT Swiss double butted 2.0-1.8mm x 260mm long and Wheelsmith DB 2.0-1.7mm x
    > 261mm long.
    >
    > I'm building a front wheel, Mavic 317 disk rim, on a Chris King ISO disk hub.
    >
    > Spoke calc says 260 disk side - 261 right side for a 3X pattern.
    >
    > Would you build it with this combination of spokes?

    Don't recall if the threads of DTs and WS are the same, but as long as you can tell your right
    nipple from your left you should be O.K.

    Cheers, Shawn

  4. Tj

    Tj Guest

    Use the heavier spokes on the disk side of the hub like like you have listed. It will help keep
    stress to a minimum on the spokes. ( Harder to stress thicker spokes)

    TJ

    "D T W .../\..." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I've got some DT Swiss double butted 2.0-1.8mm x 260mm long and
    Wheelsmith
    > DB 2.0-1.7mm x 261mm long.
    >
    > I'm building a front wheel, Mavic 317 disk rim, on a Chris King ISO disk hub.
    >
    > Spoke calc says 260 disk side - 261 right side for a 3X pattern.
    >
    > Would you build it with this combination of spokes?
    >
    > --

  5. John G

    John G Guest

    TJ wrote:
    > Use the heavier spokes on the disk side of the hub like like you have listed. It will help keep
    > stress to a minimum on the spokes. ( Harder to stress thicker spokes)

    time to change the bongwater