Wheelbuilding spoke ? ? ?

D T W .../\\...

Guest
I've got some DT Swiss double butted 2.0-1.8mm x 260mm long and Wheelsmith DB 2.0-1.7mm x
261mm long.

I'm building a front wheel, Mavic 317 disk rim, on a Chris King ISO disk hub.

Spoke calc says 260 disk side - 261 right side for a 3X pattern.

Would you build it with this combination of spokes?

--
DTW .../\.../\.../\...

D T W .../\\... wrote:
> I've got some DT Swiss double butted 2.0-1.8mm x 260mm long and Wheelsmith DB 2.0-1.7mm x
> 261mm long.
>
> I'm building a front wheel, Mavic 317 disk rim, on a Chris King ISO disk hub.
>
> Spoke calc says 260 disk side - 261 right side for a 3X pattern.
>
> Would you build it with this combination of spokes?

sure.... I've done whackier things.

just be careful or the temporal rift in the time space continuum caused by the harmonic resonance of
having mis-matched swage-gauges

"D T W .../\\..." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I've got some DT Swiss double butted 2.0-1.8mm x 260mm long and Wheelsmith DB 2.0-1.7mm x
> 261mm long.
>
> I'm building a front wheel, Mavic 317 disk rim, on a Chris King ISO disk hub.
>
> Spoke calc says 260 disk side - 261 right side for a 3X pattern.
>
> Would you build it with this combination of spokes?

Don't recall if the threads of DTs and WS are the same, but as long as you can tell your right
nipple from your left you should be O.K.

Cheers, Shawn

Use the heavier spokes on the disk side of the hub like like you have listed. It will help keep
stress to a minimum on the spokes. ( Harder to stress thicker spokes)

TJ

TJ wrote:
> Use the heavier spokes on the disk side of the hub like like you have listed. It will help keep
> stress to a minimum on the spokes. ( Harder to stress thicker spokes)

time to change the bongwater