Wheelie good question

nashy_88

Jul 10, 2004
Hey guys,

Small question from a curious newbie, I have just purchased a trip computer and when you start it up it asks for a wheel size, what would a standard road bikes wheel size be? I have a diamondback criterium 04 and am unaware of what the size of the wheels are, would anyone know? if so please post a reply!

Thanks in advanced

Nashy

nashy_88 said:
Hey guys,

Small question from a curious newbie, I have just purchased a trip computer and when you start it up it asks for a wheel size, what would a standard road bikes wheel size be? I have a diamondback criterium 04 and am unaware of what the size of the wheels are, would anyone know? if so please post a reply!

Thanks in advanced

Nashy
In fact this may help the cause..?

http://www.riders.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=2_15&products_id=487

nashy_88 said:

The actual wheel size is 700c (rim size). What the computer is asking for is the circumference of the tire--how far does the bike travel in one revolution of the wheel. This can be estimated using the size of the tire (usually found on the sidwalls, ie 700x23 or 700x25, etc). You can also find this number by doing a "rollout". This is accomplished by marking the ground at the point where the tire is contacting the ground, as well as the tire at that point, and then sitting on the bike and moving forward (in a straight line) until that mark on your tire is at the point where the tire touches the ground again. Measure this distance in inches and then convert it to cm or mm (depending on the units the computer uses) and that number is your tire/wheel circumference. It is often helpful to do this "rollout" more than once as the distance can vary slightly depending on how straight of a line you and the bike roll in. Hope this helps.

Jeff