Wheels and Tyres

kakman

Dec 3, 2005
This is about as newbie as it gets - I've only had a road bike for 2 months so forgive my ignorance.

My OCR1 came with Shimano R500 Rims and 25mm tyres and I'm wondering if there's any problem with fitting 23 mm tyres instead. It seems there's a far greater variety of tyres in 23mm than in 25mm. Any advice would be appreciated.

many thanks

//kak

Hi

There isn't a problem at all fitting the 23mm to the rims you have.
I actually think the 23mm should have been the orginal fitment. I'm
running 23mm Continetal GP 4000's on my shimano rims currently.

Regards
Ken

kakman said:
This is about as newbie as it gets - I've only had a road bike for 2 months so forgive my ignorance.

My OCR1 came with Shimano R500 Rims and 25mm tyres and I'm wondering if there's any problem with fitting 23 mm tyres instead. It seems there's a far greater variety of tyres in 23mm than in 25mm. Any advice would be appreciated.

many thanks

//kak

23 will be fine. Thinner tires, faster speeds.

kakman said:

many thanks

//kak

My Felt came with 25mm tyres, I now have 23mm Conti GP4000s, quite an improvement. They are blue/black and look really nice on a blue frame bike. :cool: