Wheels, wheels, wheels

Froze, what you said is basically why I chose the HED's. They've been through a lot and I've beat them up and they've taken it. Let's not mention that I managed to 'somehow' gain a few pounds and they still put up with me. So, they have my trust. lol

I would ride the HED's till they wore out, then either use the Shimano wheels or sell the Shimano's as unused and buy an even better set of wheels.

I had to switch to the Shimano's.. and sold the HED's. I picked up a set of Tubular Duca Ace C-25's.. the full-carbon type (not the one with the aluminum braking surface).. but I decided against going tubular because I just know so little about them and someone tried to teach me, but it just seems like way more hassle.. so now I gotta sell the Dura Ace wheels. lol Once I do, I'll probably pick up a set of the HED Ardennes Black.

I lean more towards the Soul wheels because instead of just a 30mm rim depth (or some people say they're 30mm tall) that Flo has they're 40mm which is the starting depth for aero benefits, anything less than 40mm does nothing.

But also note that if you go over 50mm depth (tall) you will run into issues of weight which will slow you down on ascents, and wind which can cause erratic handling and sometimes dangerous handling. The Souls only weigh 5 grams more each wheel over the Flos so the weight isn't a big deal but the aeroness of the Souls is a big advantage over the Flos.

I have the Profile Design 52mm wheels and definitely know what you mean about those side winds affecting your ride. They spin really nice though. I notice when going tucked downhill, I can fly past pretty much everyone doing the same thing. Not that it mean anything though, just saying.

I just really like the look and color choices of the FLOs.