Wheelset Advise (pretend I'm really dumb)...

mdgoblue

Jul 18, 2005
OK, I just got into a pretty entry level roadie...2006 Felt F-80. I am looking to upgrade the wheelset on this bike as I have heard some bad things about the stock Alex wheelset.

I am a 220 lb. "load" and I want to be sure I have something good enough to handle my big body.

So, my question for all you knowledgable folks, what wheelset would you recommend for a newbie like me? Feel free to offer advise on a set of tires too.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I don't want to sound too negative, but have you noticed any bad things about the wheelset yourself? If not, why spend money? It's a given that you won't notice a difference with almost any "upgrade".
I'd ride the Alex set until such a time as you find it wanting.

artemidorus said:
I don't want to sound too negative, but have you noticed any bad things about the wheelset yourself? If not, why spend money? It's a given that you won't notice a difference with almost any "upgrade".
I'd ride the Alex set until such a time as you find it wanting.
Absolutlely. Drive 'em into the ground. My wife is a relitive newbie, and she to has Alex rims on her Fuji road bike I bought her back in April. They're true and have held up just fine for what she's doing. a couple years down the road, maybe I'll upgrade them, if she notices...