Wheelset question...

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Rivermist, Mar 24, 2003.

  1. Rivermist

    Rivermist Guest

    I am thinking of buying some new wheels and am considering the Mavic Ksyrium wheels.

    First.. Any opinions on those wheels?

    Second... I notice there are some house brand wheels sold by Performance such as the Performance
    Fuego wheelset whose specifications seem to be about the same as far as weight and description go --
    but at 1/4 the price. Should I be considering brands such as these?

    Thanks in advance...

    Tags:

  2. Rivermist wrote:

    > I am thinking of buying some new wheels and am considering the Mavic Ksyrium wheels.
    >
    > First.. Any opinions on those wheels?
    >
    > Second... I notice there are some house brand wheels sold by Performance such as the Performance
    > Fuego wheelset whose specifications seem to be about the same as far as weight and description go
    > -- but at 1/4 the price. Should I be considering brands such as these?

    Yes, consider all the alternatives. I'd also speak with your local bike shop if they have a
    competent wheel builder and see what they could put together for you. You can use things like
    American Classic's Micro Front Hub and pick the rim, spokes, and nipples you want for the correct
    price/durability/aero/weight compromise that's best for you.

    -S-

  3. Speedy

    Speedy Guest

    I own a set of Campy Eurus with the Shimano hub. Lower perimeter weight, G3 spokes on rear (Double
    on drive side). Mine were less $ than the Ksyrium's.

    I luv 'em

    Ciao,

    Paolo