Wheelset upgrade help

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Winsley, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Winsley

Winsley New Member

Morning, I just joined this site and cantc seem to find anything about maddux rd2.0 wheels. Just purchased a Cannondale Synapse 105 disc with them. I find that they roll very slow and sluggish. Put 1000kms on them and the rear wheel is clicking/grinding. Possibly a spoke issue and in the shop now. That being said, I'm looking to upgrade the wheelset and need advice please. I'm 6'3" 220lbs. Cycle alot of hills and multi century and day rides. Thanks for your help.

2. shmuelyosef

shmuelyosef New Member

There is a lot of chatter online about Maddux wheels and Cannondale... Just search on Maddux RD2

3. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

those wheels aren't even holding up to a 205 pound rider not alone a 220 rider! I'm not even sure why your bike shop sold you that bike since the wheels were not rated for your weight, and due to those wheels I would say the bike has a rider limit of around 185, I think the frame itself should be good for at least 224 to 285, not sure why Specialized didn't put better wheels on the bike, I guess to cut corners and make a bigger profit.

I would strongly suggest that the bike shop do a swap for some better wheels since they screwed you by not knowing their product! And you pay for the difference in the cost between the two sets, they can always sell the old set.