Wheelset

Paul

Guest
I am considering purchasing a Mavic Ksyrium SSC SL wheelset and am wondering if it is better to
get a custom wheelset made instead. Which is the better value and for a similar value which is
better built?

On Thu, 15 May 2003 23:39:17 -0400, "Paul" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I am considering purchasing a Mavic Ksyrium SSC SL wheelset and am wondering if it is better to
>get a custom wheelset made instead. Which is the better value and for a similar value which is
>better built?

A good builder will make a set of troublefree wheels that you will get bored of before you wear them
out. That's a good value.

The Ksyriums come through consistant and usually a loose. With handbuilt wheels, your chances of
getting a high quality build are diminishing daily.

Paul-<< I am considering purchasing a Mavic Ksyrium SSC SL wheelset and am wondering if it is better
to get a custom wheelset made instead. Which is the better value and for a similar value which is
better built?

Look at weight, performance, use of unique to the wheel parts and price..On these points, a hand
made wheelset designed for you and your needs is the best idea, best value.

"Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I am considering purchasing a Mavic Ksyrium SSC SL wheelset and am wondering if it is better to
> get a custom wheelset made instead. Which is the better value and for a similar value which is
> better built?

The best value is to buy a set of machine made wheels and tension, stress relieve, and true them
yourself. It really doesn't take too long or requie much skill. From then on, you're pretty much on
your way to wheel independence.