wheelset

ScienceIsCool said:
Whoa, whoa, whoa now! What the hell is this? An outbreak of rational thought and good advice on the internet? That's like, one of the horesmen of the apocalypse or something. I should go look that up just in case... :)

John Swanson
www.bikephysics.com

Well, I was cheating. I used data from calculations already done by some of us. Granted, that science stuff doesn't work outside of a laboratory, but I thought I'd ignore that part. :D

Peter@vecchios said:
What you need is a durable wheel of reasonable weight so you can ride, ride lots, like Eddy says. Your equipment will only mean a lot in the equation of bike and rider when something fails. Climbing better is a matter of fitness, fit, fat on you, finesse, not wheels or bike.

I have decided not get a new wheelset. You guys are right, more riding and less goodies are going to get me to the top faster. I get in this winter slump when I can't get out and ride and start wanting things I don't really need for my steed. I think I'll take the 700 and head out to Tucson, AZ. to visit my folks. They just started wintering out there. Maybe I'll bring my bike.

dbackmtg said:
I have decided not get a new wheelset. You guys are right, more riding and less goodies are going to get me to the top faster. I get in this winter slump when I can't get out and ride and start wanting things I don't really need for my steed. I think I'll take the 700 and head out to Tucson, AZ. to visit my folks. They just started wintering out there. Maybe I'll bring my bike.

Good choice. Of course, I would say that, what with me livin' in Tucson and all. When ya' comin'? Cycling trips be good things. Wifey, daughter, and I are takin' me bike and our corpuses to New Zealand for a couple o' weeks in the fall. I get wood just thinkin' about it.

dbackmtg said:

I hear ya brother!!! Seems like January is 45 days long and February won't be any better. Not as much snow all at once here but enough to make riding tuff PLUS GD cold!! 5-10 degrees in the AM makes a tough AM ride before work.

Have a Waterford R-32 on the way. Lugged(yeh, I'm a luddite), with stainless tubes from Reynolds. Have the Merckx MXLeader on ebay right now. If ya can't ride, at least buy stuff.