Wheelsets

frusso

May 7, 2004
I just purchased a set of Ksyrium SSC SL. I now have three sets of wheels. Two of which can be used for everyday wheels. Shimano WH R 535 and Alex ALX 320. I am going to sell one of the eveyday wheels. My questions is, of the two set's I'm going to sell which one's do you think are a better wheel and that I should keep? The 535's or the 320's.

Thank you

frusso said:
I just purchased a set of Ksyrium SSC SL. I now have three sets of wheels. Two of which can be used for everyday wheels. Shimano WH R 535 and Alex ALX 320. I am going to sell one of the eveyday wheels. My questions is, of the two set's I'm going to sell which one's do you think are a better wheel and that I should keep? The 535's or the 320's.

Thank you
I'm not sure what kind of resale you'll get on the 535's...

Sorry, that doesn't answer your question. IMHO, I had a set of 540's and they were **** (spokes breaking, never staying true and they were noodles). I'm making an assumption, but the 535's I believe are the same wheel only without bladed spokes so I would probably unload those if you can.

I'd get rid of the Shimano's. You're probably more likely to sell them as well.

frusso said:

Thank you
Alex are perceived as inexpensive entry level, OEM stuff and don't have much resale value. Remember that selling used equipment is not going to make you much money, but rather lets you get some value from the space the unused parts take up in your house/garage.

If the Alex wheels work well, I'd keep them and sell the Shimano--you'll get more.