Wheelsuckers....tactical or 'other'

genedan said:
speaking of wheelsuckers I just had one today...a guy from A&M just hangs on my wheel and refused to do any work. When I slowed down, he slowed down, etc. In the final km my legs cramp up and he drops me like a rock! Guess it's my fault for not dropping him...it's one of those awkward moments where you have a rider who's just a tad bit lower in ability than you and can still hang on...

You guess it's your fault for not dropping him?! Really??

Remember, there are no moral victories in getting used by a "wheelsucker". Also, don't delude yourself into thinking that that "wheelsucker's" ability was a "tad bit lower" than yours. Further, I'd definitely say his strategical ability was actually "a tad bit better than yours". What do you think he was saying about how he played you after the race??

Pardon my above harshness, but until you guys start respecting "wheelsucking" as a legitimate racing skill/tactic/weapon in one's arsenal/etc...you'll continue to whine, disparage, and complain about other racers who employ this skill victoriously...

It all boils down to which side of the fence you choose to be on once the race is over - the player side, or the playee side. You know where you'll find me when given the opportunity...;)

I know, my comments will not endear me to those who frequent the term "wheelsucker", but usage of the term (IMO) is relegated exclusively to losers...

Maybe this comment should've been placed in "My Bloody Soapbox":D...carry on...

genedan said:
speaking of wheelsuckers I just had one today...a guy from A&M just hangs on my wheel and refused to do any work. When I slowed down, he slowed down, etc. In the final km my legs cramp up and he drops me like a rock! Guess it's my fault for not dropping him...it's one of those awkward moments where you have a rider who's just a tad bit lower in ability than you and can still hang on...

How d'ya figure he's "a tad bit lower in ability" when you're the one who cramped and he took off like a rocket? I'd say equal ability at the very least. He was the smarter one to.

Pardon my above harshness, but until you guys start respecting "wheelsucking" as a legitimate racing skill/tactic/weapon in one's arsenal/etc...you'll continue to whine, disparage, and complain about other racers who employ this skill victoriously...
...look if you had actually read all of this thread I defended wheelsucking as a legitimate tactic in a post...

I said he's a little lower since I've beaten him in every collegiate race up to this one this season 5/6 in my favor. Anyways, I know the only thing I could have done was drop him with brute strength or get swallowed up by the pack by stalling...strength that I didn't have. I'm not complaining about it but I guess you guys interpreted my diction that way, I know it's my fault and I just wanted the OP to know it happens to everyone every now and then. I'll just get stronger and I'll kick the guy's ass next time.

Relax, mi amigo. I can and did read your initial post on this thread. Your recent entry did not appear to show respect for your "wheelsucking" competitor, so I commented as I did - that's all; nothing personal.

I guess you want to have it both ways - I got no issues with that, but when you post a comment be prepared for constructive critique...no disrespect intended...;)