When buying a new bike.

popularbelief

Jan 23, 2011
Please please please get sized or fitted or whatever you want to call it. I made the mistake of buying something that looked good and was priced good but in the end caused more harm than good. I almost took a spill two days ago due to my bike being too big and couldn't maneuver fast enough out the way. I could blame the little kids that jumped out in front of me during my workout but whatever. I went to two LBS and decided to finally take the plunge into either a 51cm Orbea Aqua TTG or 51 cm Jamis Nova Pro. Both felt great and the shop let me test drive both. What an amazing difference. I saw many used bikes on craigslist for a few hundred cheaper but I would rather pony up the great price for great service and of course a great warranty! The shop owner is a tenured rider and was very helpful. I am super stoked!

Tim05

Dec 28, 2010
Originally Posted by vspa .

and your question is ?

Who says he needs a question? I would say this pretty well fits the description of "bike buying advice" does it not?

JoelTGM

Oct 21, 2010
yup, I didn't think much about bike fitting when I bought my first road bike, so nowadays I regret it because I really don't like the frame, but I just have to make do with it. I still love it because it lets me go fast and have fun, but it doesn't fit me for what I'm using it for very well; it was made for comfort fitness, so the handlebars are naturally high, which is super annoying.

So yeah, when buying a bike, take the extra time to really test it because your ass is going to be stuck on it for years to come.