When did Armstrong met Kristin?

Mike

Guest
"For the record: While I am no longer a fan of Lance
Armstrong due to his treatment of his wife, Kristin, I must
set the record straight (Letters, March 8). According to his
book "It's Not about the Bike: My Journey Back to Life",
Armstrong met Kristin after his diagnosis and after
treatment of cancer. She did not 'suffer with Lance for
years as he confronted csncer' as Bill Everhart claims in
his letter to SI. Stacy Sloan, Washington State" Sports
Illustrated, p.15, March 29, 2004, vol.100, n.13.

"Mike" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "For the record: While I am no longer a fan of Lance
> Armstrong due to his treatment of his wife, Kristin, I
> must set the record straight (Letters, March 8). According
> to his book "It's Not about the Bike: My Journey Back to
> Life", Armstrong met Kristin after his diagnosis and after
> treatment of cancer. She did not 'suffer with Lance for
> years as he confronted csncer' as Bill Everhart claims in
> his letter to SI. Stacy Sloan, Washington State" Sports
> Illustrated, p.15, March 29, 2004, vol.100, n.13.

What are you talking about? She met him within months of his
discovery of the illness. So what is your point? That he did
not suffer for years? The diagnosis and treatment happens
fast and is only the start of the suffering. Maybe you
should educate yourself a bit *before* you make declarations
based on your analysis.

And regarding the specific timing, I might be wrong but I
thought she was on the scene before his first Chemo
treatment although going purely by memory, I think he has
the surgery first. That would be typical I think. Anyway,
even if she met him after a year, she certainly met him long
before he got his proverbial **** together and much of his
book discusses how unfocused he was. He may not emphasize it
very well, but anyone that has been married especially
during a crisis (like one partner discovering cancer) knows
how much difference a spouse can make for the better or for
the worse. Some women would have been more mentally trashed
that he was and she certainly demonstrated a lot of patience
and love that in my opinion made a huge difference in
getting his ass back on the way to doing something with his
life while letting him decide what that something was. I
believe she met him while working for a cancer fund raising
organization and became close friends immediately. Go read
the book again, it is all there I think. The bottom line is
the suffering starts with the diagnosis and can continue for
years. The treatment can last for months and the fallout
(from not knowing whether you are going to need even more
torturous therapy or perhaps even lose your life) lasts for
years. She did meet him and join him in a marriage during
the very lowest point of his life with no guarantees that it
would get any better. That deserves a hell of a lot more
credit than you or Lance or any of his other legions of
disciples seem to care about.

On 05/07/2004 07:48 PM, in article
[email protected], "Chris"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> "Mike" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> "For the record: While I am no longer a fan of Lance
>> Armstrong due to his treatment of his wife, Kristin, I
>> must set the record straight (Letters, March 8).
>> According to his book "It's Not about the Bike: My
>> Journey Back to Life", Armstrong met Kristin after his
>> diagnosis and after treatment of cancer. She did not
>> 'suffer with Lance for years as he confronted csncer' as
>> Bill Everhart claims in his letter to SI. Stacy Sloan,
>> Washington State" Sports Illustrated, p.15, March 29,
>> 2004, vol.100, n.13.
>

> What are you talking about? She met him within months of
> his discovery of the illness. So what is your point? That
> he did not suffer for years? The diagnosis and treatment
> happens fast and is only the start of the suffering. Maybe
> you should educate yourself a bit *before* you make
> declarations based on your analysis.
>
> And regarding the specific timing, I might be wrong but I
> thought she was on the scene before his first Chemo
> treatment although going purely by memory, I think he has
> the surgery first. That would be typical I think. Anyway,
> even if she met him after a year, she certainly met him
> long before he got his proverbial **** together and much
> of his book discusses how unfocused he was. He may not
> emphasize it very well, but anyone that has been married
> especially during a crisis (like one partner discovering
> cancer) knows how much difference a spouse can make for
> the better or for the worse. Some women would have been
> more mentally trashed that he was and she certainly
> demonstrated a lot of patience and love that in my opinion
> made a huge difference in getting his ass back on the way
> to doing something with his life while letting him decide
> what that something was. I believe she met him while
> working for a cancer fund raising organization and became
> close friends immediately. Go read the book again, it is
> all there I think. The bottom line is the suffering starts
> with the diagnosis and can continue for years. The
> treatment can last for months and the fallout (from not
> knowing whether you are going to need even more torturous
> therapy or perhaps even lose your life) lasts for years.
> She did meet him and join him in a marriage during the
> very lowest point of his life with no guarantees that it
> would get any better. That deserves a hell of a lot more
> credit than you or Lance or any of his other legions of
> disciples seem to care about.

Armstrong was diagnosed in October 1996, and was finished
with treatments by December of that same year. 1997 was a
recovery year, when he set-up the LAF. He met Kirsten at
some point during 1997.

They were married in Spring 1998, after his return to pro
racing (including his withdrawal from Paris Nice) ...

--
Steven L. Sheffield stevens at veloworks dot com veloworks
at worldnet dot ay tea tee dot net bellum pax est libertas

"Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:BCC1AE78.3044C%[email protected]...
> On 05/07/2004 07:48 PM, in article
>>

> Armstrong was diagnosed in October 1996, and was finished
> with treatments by December of that same year.

December 13, 1996

1997 was a recovery year, when he set-up the
> LAF. He met Kirsten at some point during 1997.

January 1997 ( one month later) she worked for an
advertising and public relations firm that were
assigend to promote the first Ride For The Roses

Dave

> They were married in Spring 1998, after his return to pro
> racing (including his withdrawal from Paris Nice) ...

"Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:BCC1AE78.3044C%[email protected]...
> On 05/07/2004 07:48 PM, in article
> [email protected], "Chris"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > "Mike" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >> "For the record: While I am no longer a fan of Lance
> >> Armstrong due to his treatment of his wife, Kristin, I
> >> must set the record straight (Letters, March 8).
> >> According to his book "It's Not about the Bike: My
> >> Journey Back to Life", Armstrong met Kristin after his
> >> diagnosis and after treatment of cancer. She did not
> >> 'suffer with Lance for years as he confronted csncer'
> >> as Bill Everhart claims in his letter to SI. Stacy
> >> Sloan, Washington State" Sports Illustrated, p.15,
> >> March 29, 2004, vol.100, n.13.
> >

> > What are you talking about? She met him within months of
> > his discovery
of
> > the illness. So what is your point? That he did not
> > suffer for years?
The
> > diagnosis and treatment happens fast and is only the
> > start of the
suffering.
> > Maybe you should educate yourself a bit *before* you
> > make declarations
based
> > on your analysis.
> >
> > And regarding the specific timing, I might be wrong but
> > I thought she
was on
> > the scene before his first Chemo treatment although
> > going purely by
memory,
> > I think he has the surgery first. That would be typical
> > I think. Anyway, even if she met him after a year, she
> > certainly met him long before he
got
> > his proverbial **** together and much of his book
> > discusses how
unfocused he
> > was. He may not emphasize it very well, but anyone that
> > has been married especially during a crisis (like one
> > partner discovering cancer) knows
how
> > much difference a spouse can make for the better or for
> > the worse. Some women would have been more mentally
> > trashed that he was and she
certainly
> > demonstrated a lot of patience and love that in my
> > opinion made a huge difference in getting his ass back
> > on the way to doing something with
his
> > life while letting him decide what that something was. I
> > believe she met
him
> > while working for a cancer fund raising organization and
> > became close friends immediately. Go read the book
> > again, it is all there I think.
The
> > bottom line is the suffering starts with the diagnosis
> > and can continue
for
> > years. The treatment can last for months and the fallout
> > (from not
knowing
> > whether you are going to need even more torturous
> > therapy or perhaps
even
> > lose your life) lasts for years. She did meet him and
> > join him in a
marriage
> > during the very lowest point of his life with no
> > guarantees that it
would
> > get any better. That deserves a hell of a lot more
> > credit than you or
Lance
> > or any of his other legions of disciples seem to care
> > about.
>

> Armstrong was diagnosed in October 1996, and was finished
> with treatments
by
> December of that same year. 1997 was a recovery year,
> when he set-up the LAF. He met Kirsten at some point
> during 1997.
>
> They were married in Spring 1998, after his return to
> pro racing
(including
> his withdrawal from Paris Nice) ...

IIRC from his first book, he was dating a University of
Texas coed at the time of his diagnosis and intial cancer
treatment. He met Kristin during his recovery period, after
the UT coed relationship ended.

"B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> [...]
> would
> > > get any better. That deserves a hell of a lot more
> > > credit than you or
> Lance
> > > or any of his other legions of disciples seem to care
> > > about.
> >

> > Armstrong was diagnosed in October 1996, and was
> > finished with treatments
> by
> > December of that same year. 1997 was a recovery year,
> > when he set-up the LAF. He met Kirsten at some point
> > during 1997.
> >
> > They were married in Spring 1998, after his return to
> > pro racing
> (including
> > his withdrawal from Paris Nice) ...
>
> IIRC from his first book, he was dating a University of
> Texas coed at the time of his diagnosis and intial cancer
> treatment. He met Kristin during his recovery period,

Hey

He raced in 1996. Signed with Cofidis after September 30
(when UCI permits this). Was diagnosed with cancer the next
week (around Oct 6). Did have surgery and chemo, and after
all that met her at event previously listed in this thread.

The thing that NOBODY writes about is that he had a HOT
girlfriend when diagnosed. She was VERY High Maintenance, I
think named Lisa something (maybe Shields)?? The MINUTE he
recieved the Testicular Cancer Diagnosis, this ***** cut
and ran. She couldn't stand the "INCONVIENCE" that this
created in her life.

You would love to hear how her life ended up. That won't
come out from me. :)

Thanks, Ronde Champ (formerly known as ronde chumpion)

"Ronde Champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>-
> > "Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote in
> > message news:BCC1AE78.3044C%[email protected]...
> > > On 05/07/2004 07:48 PM, in article
> > > [email protected], "Chris"

of
8).
treatment
confronted

discovery
> > of
years?
> > The
> > suffering.
declarations
> > based

she
> > was on
> > memory,
Anyway,
he
> > got
> > unfocused he
married
knows
> > how
Some
> > certainly
huge
with
> > his
met
> > him
close
think.
> > The
continue
> > for
> > knowing
> > even
> > marriage
> > would
or
> > Lance
> > >

> > > Armstrong was diagnosed in October 1996, and was
> > > finished with
treatments
> > by
> > > December of that same year. 1997 was a recovery year,
> > > when he set-up
the
> > > LAF. He met Kirsten at some point during 1997.
> > >
> > > They were married in Spring 1998, after his return to
> > > pro racing
> > (including
> > > his withdrawal from Paris Nice) ...
> >
> > IIRC from his first book, he was dating a University of
> > Texas coed at
the
> > time of his diagnosis and intial cancer treatment. He
> > met Kristin during
his
> > recovery period, after the UT coed relationship ended.
>
> Hey
>
> He raced in 1996. Signed with Cofidis after September 30
> (when UCI permits this). Was diagnosed with cancer the
> next week (around Oct 6). Did have surgery and chemo, and
> after all that met her at event previously listed in this
> thread.
>
> The thing that NOBODY writes about is that he had a HOT
> girlfriend when diagnosed. She was VERY High Maintenance,
> I think named Lisa something (maybe Shields)?? The MINUTE
> he recieved the Testicular Cancer Diagnosis, this *****
> cut and ran. She couldn't stand the "INCONVIENCE" that
> this created in her life.

I remember but I attribute that to the kind of
relationship they had. I think she waited a few days but I
could be wrong.

> You would love to hear how her life ended up. That won't
> come out from me. :)

OK, use another of your 'nyms then.

> Thanks, Ronde Champ (formerly known as ronde chumpion)

could someone tell me exactly why he divorced his wife
kristin? from what i have been able to ascertain she seemed
to be a devoted wife and good mother not to mention being
quite attractive. therefore why would lance give divorce a
woman like that and then go attach himself to sheryl crow
who by the way is no beauty queen?

"dwjones45" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> could someone tell me exactly why he divorced his wife
> kristin? from what
> have been able to ascertain she seemed to be a devoted
> wife and good
mother
> not to mention being quite attractive. therefore why would
> lance give divorce a woman like that and then go attach
> himself to sheryl crow who by the way is no beauty queen?

She had a rather big ego herself and it clashed often and
loudly with Lance's. **** happens.

> "dwjones45" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:WvidncVTKPwegwDdRVn-
> [email protected]...
>> could someone tell me exactly why he divorced his wife
>> kristin? from what
>> have been able to ascertain she seemed to be a devoted
>> wife and good
> mother
>> not to mention being quite attractive. therefore why
>> would lance give divorce a woman like that and then go
>> attach himself to sheryl crow who by the way is no
>> beauty queen?
>
> She had a rather big ego herself and it clashed often and
> loudly with Lance's. **** happens.

Source? <VBG>

Henry Etta

"Henry Etta" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:-
> [email protected]...
> > "dwjones45" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:WvidncVTKPwegwDdRVn-
> > [email protected]...
> >> could someone tell me exactly why he divorced his wife
> >> kristin? from
what
> >> have been able to ascertain she seemed to be a devoted
> >> wife and good
> > mother
> >> not to mention being quite attractive. therefore why
> >> would lance give divorce a woman like that and then go
> >> attach himself to sheryl crow who by the way is no
> >> beauty queen?
> >
> > She had a rather big ego herself and it clashed often
> > and loudly with Lance's. **** happens.
>
> Source? <VBG>

The Internet! Where else?! :)

she looks more like his mom than kristen...

"dwjones45" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:WvidncVTKPwegwDdRVn-
[email protected]...
> could someone tell me exactly why he divorced his wife
> kristin? from what
> have been able to ascertain she seemed to be a devoted
> wife and good
mother
> not to mention being quite attractive. therefore why would
> lance give divorce a woman like that and then go attach
> himself to sheryl crow who by the way is no beauty queen?

"Henry Etta" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:-
> [email protected]...
> > "dwjones45" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:WvidncVTKPwegwDdRVn-
> > [email protected]...
> >> could someone tell me exactly why he divorced his wife
> >> kristin? from
what
> >> have been able to ascertain she seemed to be a devoted
> >> wife and good
> > mother
> >> not to mention being quite attractive. therefore why
> >> would lance give divorce a woman like that and then go
> >> attach himself to sheryl crow who by the way is no
> >> beauty queen?
> >
> > She had a rather big ego herself and it clashed often
> > and loudly with Lance's. **** happens.
>
> Source? <VBG>

Jeez, try reading some of her comments on Velosnooze.

"Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "dwjones45" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:WvidncVTKPwegwDdRVn-
> [email protected]...
> > could someone tell me exactly why he divorced his wife
> > kristin? from what
> > have been able to ascertain she seemed to be a devoted
> > wife and good
> mother
> > not to mention being quite attractive. therefore why
> > would lance give divorce a woman like that and then go
> > attach himself to sheryl crow who by the way is no
> > beauty queen?
>
> She had a rather big ego herself and it clashed often and
> loudly with Lance's. **** happens.

Yup. Who wants beauty queen anyway? Why not go for someone
with a "life" (Sheryl) now and who is pretty, thin, rich,
and talented.

-KJP

You can never be too thin, too rich, or have too much ice.