When Did You Learn How To Ride A Bike?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by BeachyKeen, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Tryner

Tryner New Member

I was around 5 when I learned to ride a bike without training wheels. I still have my first bike collecting dust in my garage, haha. I was so excited that first time I rode off on my own!

2. Femiluv

Femiluv New Member

I was probably around 10 years old when I learnt. I wasn't really interested in learning, but I did it cos my brother did it. After I rode a few times, I stopped till I was 18.

3. ZXD22

ZXD22 Member

I was 5 when I first got mine. A tiny bike with training wheels on. I remember getting used to it on the small cross walks in our front lawn. I was so scared of falling down and scrapping my knee that I stopped for awhile but it wasn't until a couple weeks after I started back up and increased distance with age. Loved biking along the canal with my parents and at the bogs as well. Now I can bike anywhere.

4. daisyhuck

daisyhuck New Member

My father taught me when I was 7 years old! I remember it well because it was the year of Hurricane Katrina, and after we evacuated I had to learn at my grandparents' house. My dad taught the usual way, he held on to the back of the seat and let go when I wasn't looking. I really remember those experiences fondly.

5. 9lines

9lines Member

I started learning how to cycle when I was 6 years old.I never liked it at first since I very much liked video games. It was my brother who first taught me. I found it difficult but I later came to learn.

6. E.Mil77

E.Mil77 New Member

I remember I was about 6 or 7 years old and it was my dad and mom. I remember being scared to ride without the training wheels and then becoming brave to try riding without the training wheels and I loved it.

7. momof4blessingz

momof4blessingz New Member

I think I started riding with training wheels when I was like 3. and then without when I was 4 or 5. My dad just followed behind me and then let go when i wasn''t looking. When I realized he wasn't holding on, I fell But it taught me to get back up and keep trying.

8. NicCris

NicCris New Member

I started riding at 5 with training wheels but really didn't progress until the training wheels were off. One day, I took the training wheels off and I remember that my dad made me push off from our split rail fence. What a great feeling it was, to finally be able to ride my bike with the neighbor kids, without training wheels!

9. Lizel

Lizel Active Member

I was about 4-5 years old, my Step Dad taught me how to ride a bike. :)

10. thomas pendrake

thomas pendrake New Member

Don't worry, it's like riding a bike. Once you learn, you don't forget. Remember what Albert Einstein said, to keep your balance, you must keep moving.

11. Keyan

Keyan Member

I do not have a bike back then because I was not really interested to learn how to use one. On my third grade my classmate brought his bike with him and I got interested when I saw how fun it could get riding a bike. He taught me how to use it and I enjoyed every moment of it. It was easy for me to keep my balance and learned how to ride a bike in no time.

12. bsthebenster

bsthebenster New Member

I was three or four when I got on my first bike. Oddly enough, I didn't get my training wheels off until maybe five years after that. Some things just take time I guess.

13. JSWin

JSWin Member

I think I had a big wheel first. I don't think this counts as learning to ride a bike because it is a low three wheeler. Maybe I was three or four years old. The next was a yellow and multi-colored banana seat bike with fringe and training wheels. I was about 5 years old. The bike riding was like the lake or pool to me. It was hard to get me off of the bike cause I loved it.

14. PamelaWardTX

PamelaWardTX New Member

You had good parents because they taught you how to ride a bike as a child. It is much more difficult for adults to learn to ride a bike. That and adults no longer want to do much for which children still have an interest. Students don't even want to do what they have to do. Students don't want to study at all. Students just want to buy homework from a special service ✏️ that offers completed homework and do nothing else, and what can we say about learning to ride a bike, which takes not only time and effort, but is also a little dangerous, especially for an adult a person who, if he/she falls, can injure himself/herself a lot of bodyparts.

15. Mr. Beanz

Mr. Beanz Well-Known Member

1967 at age 4. Always had a bike, sometimes 2 as a child growing up and today at 57, I have 6 bikes. 11 was the max a few years ago. :D

Never stop riding!

16. Dalton Bourne

Dalton Bourne New Member

Learning how to ride a bike without training wheels to develop the balance needed to ride a bike. It gives you a sense of freedom and control once you ride a bike without training wheels. Cycling without the training wheels is easier if you use the right bike for you. It means that your bike should be compatible with your height and the length of your legs. It is vital that when you are seated on the bike, your feet can still touch the ground. You can bring your bike to an area with flat and extended space so you can navigate effectively. If you want to stop, you can stop both of your feet, put them on the ground, and use your bike brake to keep your bicycle from moving.

17. Dalton Bourne

Dalton Bourne New Member

Riding a bike without training wheels is easy if you follow the most essential steps, including putting safety first, practicing on flat surfaces, learning to pedal and brake, and so much more.

18. Leah Lee

Leah Lee New Member

No one taught me to ride when I was a little girl, when I was 10 years old, I spent an afternoon learning how to ride a bike by myself, I didn't fall down during the process, but after I know how to cycle, I often fell and hurt myself.

19. Ener

Ener New Member

I was 8 when I started to learn, My father thought me to ride a bike and It's one of my best memory with him!

20. idan ouzan

idan ouzan New Member

For a long time I rode bicycles I had developed from rescued parts I found at the neighborhood dump. It kept my upkeep abilities up; then, at that point, I discovered I truly loved a few bicycles I set up, particularly a 1983 Bridgestone 400, a mid-evaluated sport-traveler. So no; you needn't bother with a costly bicycle. Be that as it may, I have a costly bicycle now, and it is decent.