When did you learn to ride a bike?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by mayasupernova, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz New Member

I was very young when I first started riding, my dad taught me how to ride a bicycle, it had training wheels, though.
    All was well until after a few years he got me my first "big bicycle" without the training wheels. I used to take it out and practice with it but I never had the guts to actually start pedaling on it.
    One day, I was practicing and it was really hot outside, as in the road was steaming hot. I did not have my shoes on for some reason which forced me to pedal, I instantly became really good at it.:D

2. likeascroll

likeascroll Member

I think I was around 8 years old as well. My mom taught me but I also learned some myself.

3. SapnaTheBaller3

SapnaTheBaller3 New Member

Learned at 8, fell in love with riding on my good old neon green bike at 10. Still have it to this day just for some memories.

4. Keyan

Keyan Member

I was this little when I learned how to ride a bike. I got one as a birthday present. Owning my first bike taught me how to be responsible and disciplined at a young age.

5. chrislee99777

chrislee99777 Member

I don't remember the exact age,kindergarten period I learned four quad bike,primary school period I learn common bike~

6. Damien Lee

Damien Lee Active Member

I started around 6 or 7 years old, I don't know for sure. I remember I had training wheels for almost a year until I got the hang of things. My dad would spend time with me on the weekends to help me improve my handling skills.

7. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I don't remember, they say you never forget to how to ride a bike but you will forget when you started riding. I don't even remember the bike I started on I think it was a friends. I do remember my first bike though.

8. FenWoFon

FenWoFon Member

I learn to drive bikes back in the years when I was like 6 - 7 years old, used to ride it with the little tores on the sides, those were great times with my dad teaching me <3

9. ZXD22

ZXD22 Member

I learned how to ride when I was about 5 years old. Loved riding and I remember trying on my first set of training wheels haha. They kept getting unscrewed as my parents didn't really know how to but once I learned how to ride without them, I was biking around the bogs behind my house nearly every weekend.

10. eduguy

eduguy New Member

I don't remember the exact time, but I do know that I was probably around five years old. I remember riding my bike with training wheels and then I also remember when I took those training wheels off. Unless my memory is a bit off, I don't recall falling over that much. I remember biking with my Dad around the neighborhood which was always a lot of fun.

11. swalia

swalia Member

I was in school- probably 11 or 12 years old when my father bought me a bicycle for my birthday. He taught me how to ride a bicycle. And then a few years later when he bought me my first scooter, again he would teach me how to drive it.

12. SkerleeWerg

SkerleeWerg Member

I was 6 and my dad got me a big kid bike, couldn't fit. Ended up with this little black & yellow badass. I used to ride it around the local church and do jumps off the stairs and all over the parking lot with it...til one day the chain broke and I was too young to fix it and my parents eventually threw it out after I won a new one...even though I missed the little guy ; ;

13. sharkantropo

sharkantropo Member

When I was nine years old. My father bought me a red disassembled one velocity bicycle. We assemble it together, I was excited as you can expect for a child first bycicle. Of course, I used it with support wheels for a while.
    Used it for several year until it worn out enough to breackdown to pieces. Afterwards, My fathers gave me a BMX. :D

14. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

As a kid I used to borrow my cousin's bike whenever he was busy, we didn't have a lot of money growing up, you see. I'd do chores around their house, and when he was watching TV his mom would allow me to run laps around the neighborhood with the bike. It was hard work, but the payoff was always fun.

15. integrity101

integrity101 New Member

I bought a bike for my 6 year old son and will be teaching him his first riding lessons this weekend. I hope he'll one day post on this thread years from now.

16. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

I don't remember perfectly, but maybe around 7 ou 8. I started with 4 wheels, and then removed the 2 from the sides and started to ride pretty good, after that, nothing stopped me.

17. fapper

fapper New Member

I don't remember, but I was really young. I hope most kids get the chance to ride a bike at a young age, it's a great feeling. Mine was tiny and had training wheels for a few months before I took them off. Now I have a cheap Shwin hybrid road bike that works great and I haven't had any problems with it.

18. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I remember riding a friends bike when I was a kid. The bike was so big for me that the seat was always hitting me on my back, but I still managed to ride it.

19. cycle93

cycle93 Member

Well, my relationship with bicycles was not an easy start for sure.

The neighbour kid's dad come to my dad that they should teach the children how to bike. Lo and behold they started teaching us, my father was nice but the other dad was keeping shouting at his son and was so frustrated with us that I was stressing like hell and fell over a hundred times then postponed the whole thing for like years.

20. erook7878

erook7878 Member

I learned sometime before I entered elementary school. I remember just getting on my friend's bike and I just started pedaling. I'm pretty certain that I got the whole balancing part fairly quickly.