When did you realize that you love cycling?

It was recently, starting in September of 2010, my third year of school in Manhattan. I was sick of paying the MTA to get around, so I sourced out a bike over the summer and converted it to a single speed, it was a 1972 Ross. bought new parts, had it painted at the body shop I was working at, and brought it to Manhattan. more fun than driving in the city and i get places faster than the subway, cheaper and more direct with no waiting. Just recently picked up a Motobecane Track 2010, for the price its held up pretty well and ive got 125 miles on it. No complaints here, though, its starting to get cold... we'll see how this winter plays out.

JUst don't ride when its icy out. Road rash in 32 degree and lower weather is not fun.

The day after I rode 62 miles on my comfort bike Jamis Explorer 2

I knew I loved cycling when I had to use it daily for commuting. I was a mere teenager but loved the speed and agility of a road bike. I road for many years, always wanting to do, what at the time was called "The Best Dam Bike Tour". I never did the "Tour". I was out of cycling thing for many years, always having an urge to rekindle my love with it, three kids make it a bit tough. The past few months I have purchased a new road bike, entry level to most of you, that's fine with me, I just want to see if I can make the most of it like I did as a youthful rider. My want is to complete a centry ride or three this next summer. I am hoping to start training this fall and winter. Wish me luck.

I turn 62 next week. I realized that I love cycling when I stepped on the scales a week after riding to work and home every day. I hate exercise and have been 50 pound overweight for years. I started riding in August - just to see if I could. I figured out that my commute was possible on a bike, and it was kind of fun. A week later I was down ten pounds without trying. Now I'm down over 30 pounds, and riding in the snow. I'm hooked.

Originally Posted by bikester62 .

I turn 62 next week. I realized that I love cycling when I stepped on the scales a week after riding to work and home every day. I hate exercise and have been 50 pound overweight for years. I started riding in August - just to see if I could. I figured out that my commute was possible on a bike, and it was kind of fun. A week later I was down ten pounds without trying. Now I'm down over 30 pounds, and riding in the snow. I'm hooked.
[COLOR= #0000ff]You and me too, Bikester! I'll turn 60 next Spring, and started biking in August, having been 100 pounds overweight for years and unable to lose no matter what I did. I started out at about 1/2 mile a day because I was so out of shape even that nearly killed me. I'm now up to 9 miles a day much faster, loving every minute of it, and have lost 40 pounds so far. I'm hooked, too. Maybe we should start a program and call it Bikers Anonymous, lol. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Happy pedaling. [/COLOR]

I don't know how can i realize that nice experience. But i know still one thing.. i love my cycling.. till my death..

Day I was born! Yup, my mom said I would move my legs in circles in the crib like I was riding a bike. You think thats weird, I have a grandson who was 1 years old and sat in baby chair made to attach to a table, this chair had two handles on it one on each side...he started to use the handles as controls of an airplane, and would pull the one handle up to go up and push it down to go down; and use the other for a throttle, forward for faster and back for slower!! How the heck does a kid that old who never saw a plane not alone seen the inside of a cockpit and thought this stuff up on his own? Beats me, but I ride bikes a lot and did so in the crib...I guess! My legs were probably was just a way of moving around but my mom swears otherwise; but the grandson thing? That's just plain weird.

[COLOR= #0000ff]Hey, you two![/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Tom, that was really sweet! Like you, I think I'm hooked til the end.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]And Froze, I would love to see a video of you doing that! I swore my son was going to be a hula dancer, because every time I laid him down and took off his diaper to change it, those hips would swerve from side to side like nobody's business. There were a few times that happened as he decided to 'tinkle', and it made for some wild fountains, lol. Your grandson sounds precious. He'll probably invent an airplane you could take off with by pedal power, lol.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Have a good one, you two.[/COLOR]

Originally Posted by SierraSlim .

[COLOR= #0000ff] He'll probably invent an airplane you could take off with by pedal power, lol.[/COLOR]
It's been done. Look up 'Human Powered Aircraft" on Wikipedia. Most of the Human Powered Aircraft use pedal power as their Human to Machine Interface.