When do postprandial bg's peak?

To clarify, I do believe most docs are competent. However, I have seen docs play "fast and loose"
with diagnostic criteria, such as IGT. It's prudent to do your own research on such items, I
believe. The more involved in your own treatment and the more knowledgable you become, the better.
The OGTT (glucose tolerance test) is notoriously unreliable. To diagnosis IGT, not only should the 2
hr value be over 140 and less than 200, but it should be confirmed on a separate occasion. Carter's
2 hr OGTT value of 116 is not far off from the average value of a normal group - 100. That, together
with his normal fasting blood glucose and his normal Hba1c mean he is well within normal limits.
What about his readings of over 200 on his meter? Well, he should certainly watch his diet and
exercise more. This may be a wake up call that he is starting the progression first to IGT, then to
T2.

Mack© <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> On 05 Mar 2004 13:40:22 GMT, [email protected] (gman99) wrote:
>
> >Mack© <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> On 04 Mar 2004 16:52:51 GMT, [email protected] (gman99) wrote:
> >>
> >> >[email protected] (Brad Sheppard) wrote:
> >> >> If your MD doesn't understand or read diagnostic protocols, you did waste your time. MD's
> >> >> are not gods.
> >> >>
> >> >I see, so instead of seeing my MD or ANY MD for that matter I should simply list my
> >> >symptoms..etc on a NG and let the amateurs have at it. Gee...can you write a script for me too
> >> >that I can take to my local pharmacy ?
> >>
> >> that's not what the person said or even implied.
> >>
> >That's what they DID imply...they implied that doctors are no good and that the diagnosis
> >received on this NG was just as good...did you see the entire thread ??
>
>
> the statement made is written above, which literally means that the 1 doctor in question is not
> competent. The only implication is to get a new doctor. And it is true that not all people holding
> a medical license are qualified to do so or to practice in specific fields. The statement above
> does not say that all doctors are bad and that this group is better than a qualified doctor.
>
> Mack© Type 1 since 1975 http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org http://www.insulin-pumpers.org
>
> In tribute to the United States of America and the State of Israel, two bastions of strength in a
> world filled with strife and terrorism.
>
> "To announce that there must be no criticism of the
> President, or that we are to stand by the President
> right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile,
> but is morally treasonable to the American public."
>
> ...Theodore Roosevelt