When do postprandial bg's peak?

To clarify, I do believe most docs are competent. However, I have seen docs play "fast and loose"
with diagnostic criteria, such as IGT. It's prudent to do your own research on such items, I
believe. The more involved in your own treatment and the more knowledgable you become, the better.
The OGTT (glucose tolerance test) is notoriously unreliable. To diagnosis IGT, not only should the 2
hr value be over 140 and less than 200, but it should be confirmed on a separate occasion. Carter's
2 hr OGTT value of 116 is not far off from the average value of a normal group - 100. That, together
with his normal fasting blood glucose and his normal Hba1c mean he is well within normal limits.
What about his readings of over 200 on his meter? Well, he should certainly watch his diet and
exercise more. This may be a wake up call that he is starting the progression first to IGT, then to
T2.

news:<[email protected]>...