When do racers ****?

John Harlin

Oct 23, 2009
I've been watching euro cycling races on TV many of which take 6 hours or more to complete like the one I watched recently in Spain. I watched how intense they ride to stay up to their packs. At the same time, I saw them constantly drinking. I don't think they can hold it for 6 hours. With so much drinking, I don't think they can hold it for more than two hours at a time. That means some or all of them would need 3 pit stops. So when and where do they ****? Do they do it while riding? Are there pit stops with porta pottys? Doesn't seem like they would want to lose the time to ****. By the time they get off their bikes, run to a porta potty, **** and get back on their bike, they would easily lose 30 seconds or more from their riding packs. Women probably even longer. Multiply that by 3 pit stops on the average and that would not be too good. Seems like they would just **** into a bottle or something while riding. Kind of embarrassing and dehumanizing but at least you wouldn't blame a **** on the loss of a race or blame a team member for losing because he/she had to ****. Please don't tell me they all wear diapers and **** in their pants. Yuk.

If things are slow, they'll take a leak at the side of the road and catch up using the team cars as a draft.

nature-break.450jpg.jpg

group-pee-2008.jpg

If things are fairly quick, it's not unusual to have a team mate push them while they **** on the move.

The riders on the left are doing it without assistance...

http://go2.wordpress.com/?id=725X1342&site=ritteracing.wordpress.com&url=http%3A%2F%2Fritteracing.files.wordpress.com%2F2009%2F08%2Fonbikepee.jpg

pissingstep1.jpg

pissingstep2.jpg

... aint cycling fcuking glamorous!!!

When the hammer is down... then it's all down to how much you need to finish in front of or with the bunch. After 6 hours hard in a one day race it would a surpise to have a rider over hydratred - I'm not sure that being brasting for a p1ss would be too much of an issue.

When Lemond won the Tour in 86 he rode a stage with stomach woes and the ol' **** chute let loose. That wasn't chocolate/carmel topping running down the back of his shorts...

The pros take nature breaks, which is to say the stop and **** real quick by the roadside. If it's one to the top guys in the race, the peloton will ease up a bit to allow the rider to rejoin the peloton. Also teams will dispatch a rider to the pissee to pull the pissee back to the peloton.

Another way to **** in a race is to pee while on the bike and moving. All you do is drop a part of your bibs so you can grab and point the hose. If in a group, the pissee definitely needs to move to the side of the road and to the back so that he doesn't spray the other riders a bit.

On a group ride, once, here in Tucson, a guy from the Jelly Belly cycling team did the ride with us. I was lucky enough to watch him **** from the bike. He must have really wanted to pee, because his urinal jet went a pretty far distance. It was a very instructive lesson.

alienator said:
Another way to **** in a race is to pee while on the bike and moving. All you do is drop a part of your bibs so you can grab and point the hose. If in a group, the pissee definitely needs to move to the side of the road and to the back so that he doesn't spray the other riders a bit.

On a group ride, once, here in Tucson, a guy from the Jelly Belly cycling team did the ride with us. I was lucky enough to watch him **** from the bike. He must have really wanted to pee, because his urinal jet went a pretty far distance. It was a very instructive lesson.

My bibs go up way past my belly button - not sure if y'all are hung like a donkey but I believe the prefered route is out through the leg...

I wouldn't put too much faith in what that feeder team does - and yes, I used to work for Jelly Belly. During the years I worked there it was depressing the complete lack of results we got. It was the only place that I worked that I didn't like being associated with cycling...

swampy1970 said:
My bibs go up way past my belly button - not sure if y'all are hung like a donkey but I believe the prefered route is out through the leg...

I wouldn't put too much faith in what that feeder team does - and yes, I used to work for Jelly Belly. During the years I worked there it was depressing the complete lack of results we got. It was the only place that I worked that I didn't like being associated with cycling...

I wasn't putting anything into Jelly Belly. I just said that I watched one of their riders take a **** while his bike was moving.

John Harlin said:
I've been watching euro cycling races on TV many of which take 6 hours or more to complete like the one I watched recently in Spain. I watched how intense they ride to stay up to their packs. At the same time, I saw them constantly drinking. I don't think they can hold it for 6 hours. With so much drinking, I don't think they can hold it for more than two hours at a time. That means some or all of them would need 3 pit stops. So when and where do they ****? Do they do it while riding? Are there pit stops with porta pottys? Doesn't seem like they would want to lose the time to ****. By the time they get off their bikes, run to a porta potty, **** and get back on their bike, they would easily lose 30 seconds or more from their riding packs. Women probably even longer. Multiply that by 3 pit stops on the average and that would not be too good. Seems like they would just **** into a bottle or something while riding. Kind of embarrassing and dehumanizing but at least you wouldn't blame a **** on the loss of a race or blame a team member for losing because he/she had to ****. Please don't tell me they all wear diapers and **** in their pants. Yuk.

They will **** their pants if they have too. Especially it is raining

I know a couple of guys that just have to tip their helmets to the side to relieve themselves.:D

RH, you sure killed that conversation. Not that it hadn't already run its course.

If you're not sure you can make it back to the pack and have to ****, obviously you can't stop for a pee break. So:
Step 1: Roll to the back of the pack
Step 2: Soil that chamois
Step 3: Wash bike after race

It's not that big of a deal considering we smell like a bucket of ammonia after a race anyway....

I've never known a pro to **** themselves, at least on purpose :D

Really it isnt too hard to ******** the bike, and if you have a teammate to push you along or you just start at the front of the group on a gradual descent, you dont really have to chase at all. Not glamorous, and not really ideal, but not that big of a deal. Sometimes when the break of the day goes, the field will take an announced **** break and everyone handles their business.