When Illness Strikes

Carrera

Feb 2, 2004
Anyone who's read "It's Not About The Bike" will probably be able to relate to the sudden sense of shock you get when someone you know gets ill or when you fall seriously ill yourself.
All of a sudden, there's yourself in hospital and "everybody else" out there somewhere.
I've spent these last few days off the bike and helping a friend who was unexpectedly taken to hospital and required surgery. I've had to take care of various stuff, especially the dog who was missing his owner.
Prior to that, I shared a home with a cancer sufferer who finally died and, along the line, other people around me have died too. Seems like the circle of friends you have diminishes as the years pass by.
It's funny but people are like bikes and every so often they break down.

Carrera said:
Anyone who's read "It's Not About The Bike" will probably be able to relate to the sudden sense of shock you get when someone you know gets ill or when you fall seriously ill yourself.
All of a sudden, there's yourself in hospital and "everybody else" out there somewhere.
I've spent these last few days off the bike and helping a friend who was unexpectedly taken to hospital and required surgery. I've had to take care of various stuff, especially the dog who was missing his owner.
Prior to that, I shared a home with a cancer sufferer who finally died and, along the line, other people around me have died too. Seems like the circle of friends you have diminishes as the years pass by.
It's funny but people are like bikes and every so often they break down.

There are people dying now that have never died before. A sign of the times perhaps.