When is enough enough with accessories?

MotownBikeBoy

Nov 24, 2012
Thought this might be good for laugh. I have enough **** on my bike to operate a 747. On the bars, I have the following: Two Phillips LED high intensity lights for night riding Garmin GPS Sigma IPhone case/mount LED Strobe light On the post: Pump Another LED strobe Cable/lock Small field tool kit. Rack with case mounted over rear wheel Two red tail lights mounted on the rack supports Another LED strobe Finally, a green and an orange spoke light on each wheel. Holy moly, the weight and air resistance alone is enough to increase the intensity of my workouts. Why oh why would I do this - some combination of "be prepared" and an addiction to gadgets. So, can anyone top this on the amount of **** attached to their bikes? Would you even want to!

You are very well equiped!!! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif I dont even carry an extra tube! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

You seem tho be prepared for almost anything there. One question, do you have an iphone in your iphone case/mount?

I sometimes put my iPhone in there , but more often in my pocket or backpack. If my phone charge is marginal to last the ride I will put my Touch in there as a backup MP3. Sigma does my heart rate and calories. Garmin is easy navigation but redundant now after I got an iPhone. I also try to run MapMyRide on the phone, but forget to start it or take it off pause at times. Phone is mostly for music, email, Internet. I know it's controversial to listen to music while cycling, but my brain is wired to need that stimulus, just like I listened while I studied back in college. Only use a Bluetooth speaker, never earphones. Plus, I am just one weird dude, what can I say.

Originally Posted by MotownBikeBoy .

I sometimes put my iPhone in there
, but more often in my pocket or backpack. If my phone charge is marginal to last the ride I will put my Touch in there as a backup MP3.

Sigma does my heart rate and calories. Garmin is easy navigation but redundant now after I got an iPhone. I also try to run MapMyRide on the phone, but forget to start it or take it off pause at times. Phone is mostly for music, email, Internet. I know it's controversial to listen to music while cycling, but my brain is wired to need that stimulus, just like I listened while I studied back in college. Only use a Bluetooth speaker, never earphones.

Plus, I am just one weird dude, what can I say.
Couldn't the garmin or the iphone do everything? most of us do just fine with either device. I prefer a garmin since they're so much smaller than a phone.

You have too much **** on your ride, dude. Kidding, it's your ride. I have two headlights, pump, bottle cage, saddle bag <two tubes, CO2 cartridges and nozzle, tire levers, multi-tool>, and rear light. I clip my phone to my backpack. No music or GPS required. Peace

It's a sickness, I tell you. Maybe I'm a little OCD or something - I do this with everything I am interested in - you should see my kitchen,I like to,cook, so I have about every small appliance and tool they make.