when is the best time to load up on protein?

Beastt said:
I'm assuming the raw eggs are to supply the much touted, "complete protein". If so it may be noted that some have labeled the need for such as a myth, including one author, (Frances M Lappe), who credits herself with having created that myth and the supposed need for combining of non-animal based foods, (also proclaimed to be unnecessary in her second book). I would also keep in mind that a single medium sized egg contains around 218 mg of cholesterol in the yoke which makes it one of the most cholesterol dense foods on the average person's menu.

Sodium, as I think you're implying, should be in balance with levels found outside the gastric system in order to provide maximum fluid absorption. Too much and fluids must be drawn into the digestive system to balance electrolyte levels. Too little and sodium must be drawn into the digestive system to balance electrolyte levels. Too far either way, as I understand it, and fluid absorption is delayed. I'm not sure exactly how much is required, I would guess it would be better to drink slightly higher levels of sodium after endurance exercise since both fluid and sodium levels will be diminished. I'm guessing RicStern and/or Roadie-Scum could provide some general figures as well as a better explanation of the reasoning involved.
WELL! ITS HOT HERE TODAY! i just come back from 83miles not quite as far as i had worked out on the map but it was my own fault since i got lost,

ive been out for little over 3 hours nearer to 4hours, all i took with me was 2 litres of fluid.

1 bottle containing: Carbo pro sports drink with dextrose
+ L glutamine
1 sachet dirolite

the other bottle containing 1 teaspoon of salt,
2 vitamin C effervesent tablets
fruit juice
diluted with water

avg 22mph and a max speed of 63.5mph >>> :D

Beastt said:
I'm assuming the raw eggs are to supply the much touted, "complete protein". If so it may be noted that some have labeled the need for such as a myth, including one author, (Frances M Lappe), who credits herself with having created that myth and the supposed need for combining of non-animal based foods, (also proclaimed to be unnecessary in her second book). I would also keep in mind that a single medium sized egg contains around 218 mg of cholesterol in the yoke which makes it one of the most cholesterol dense foods on the average person's menu.

Sodium, as I think you're implying, should be in balance with levels found outside the gastric system in order to provide maximum fluid absorption. Too much and fluids must be drawn into the digestive system to balance electrolyte levels. Too little and sodium must be drawn into the digestive system to balance electrolyte levels. Too far either way, as I understand it, and fluid absorption is delayed. I'm not sure exactly how much is required, I would guess it would be better to drink slightly higher levels of sodium after endurance exercise since both fluid and sodium levels will be diminished. I'm guessing RicStern and/or Roadie-Scum could provide some general figures as well as a better explanation of the reasoning involved.
but no i feel it makes me feel a little better since tommorrow i ride again to and from work. so i try to start the recovery period asap. but i understand that there is a maximum of 3 4 eggs a week but i don't often eat eggs only after longer rides or runs not that the running applies anymore