When LeMond quit.

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Callistus Valerius, Jul 9, 2005.

  1. I saw some tour highlights years ago, and they showed the moment LeMond
    quit. He stopped in some small town, picked up his bike and disappeared
    into the crowd. He did it real quick, like he didn't want anyone to see
    what he was doing, but an alert camera man caught it all. It was great.

    Tags:

  2. routebeer

    routebeer Guest

    > I saw some tour highlights years ago, and they showed the moment

    LeMond
    > quit. He stopped in some small town, picked up his bike and disappeared
    > into the crowd. He did it real quick, like he didn't want anyone to see
    > what he was doing, but an alert camera man caught it all. It was great.

    Get OLN you cheap bastard.

  3. >
    > Get OLN you cheap bastard.

    doing 400 miles a week of riding, creates a cycling bill that is already
    obscene. I can't see adding anymore to that. I did watch the year they had
    the Nascar babe on there with the breasts. It was fun to see Phil's
    reactions to her comments. I think they dropped her when she discovered the
    French wine over there. Now if they got her back.......

  4. Callistus Valerius wrote:

    > doing 400 miles a week of riding, creates a cycling bill that is already
    > obscene. I can't see adding anymore to that. I did watch the year they had
    > the Nascar babe on there with the breasts. It was fun to see Phil's
    > reactions to her comments. I think they dropped her when she discovered the
    > French wine over there. Now if they got her back.......

    Danica Patrick likes French wine?

  5. On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 20:02:56 GMT, "Callistus Valerius"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I saw some tour highlights years ago, and they showed the moment LeMond
    >quit. He stopped in some small town, picked up his bike and disappeared
    >into the crowd. He did it real quick, like he didn't want anyone to see
    >what he was doing, but an alert camera man caught it all. It was great.

    Umm, no, he didn't just pick up his bike and disappear into the crowd.

    he pulled off to the left into a parking lot across from the crowd and
    waited for his team car.

  6. Bob Martin

    Bob Martin Guest

    in 470283 20050710 114430 David Ferguson <[email protected]> wrote:
    >On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 20:02:56 GMT, "Callistus Valerius"
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> I saw some tour highlights years ago, and they showed the moment LeMond
    >>quit. He stopped in some small town, picked up his bike and disappeared
    >>into the crowd. He did it real quick, like he didn't want anyone to see
    >>what he was doing, but an alert camera man caught it all. It was great.
    >>

    >Umm, no, he didn't just pick up his bike and disappear into the crowd.
    >
    >he pulled off to the left into a parking lot across from the crowd and
    >waited for his team car.

    Please don't ruin a good story with facts.

  7. Bob Schwartz

    Bob Schwartz Guest

    Bob Martin <[email protected]> wrote:
    > in 470283 20050710 114430 David Ferguson <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 20:02:56 GMT, "Callistus Valerius"
    >><[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I saw some tour highlights years ago, and they showed the moment LeMond
    >>>quit. He stopped in some small town, picked up his bike and disappeared
    >>>into the crowd. He did it real quick, like he didn't want anyone to see
    >>>what he was doing, but an alert camera man caught it all. It was great.
    >>>

    >>Umm, no, he didn't just pick up his bike and disappear into the crowd.
    >>
    >>he pulled off to the left into a parking lot across from the crowd and
    >>waited for his team car.

    > Please don't ruin a good story with facts.

    LED induced hallucinations.

    Bob Schwartz
    [email protected]

  8. RonSonic

    RonSonic Guest

    On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 06:44:30 -0400, David Ferguson <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 20:02:56 GMT, "Callistus Valerius"
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> I saw some tour highlights years ago, and they showed the moment LeMond
    >>quit. He stopped in some small town, picked up his bike and disappeared
    >>into the crowd. He did it real quick, like he didn't want anyone to see
    >>what he was doing, but an alert camera man caught it all. It was great.
    >>

    >Umm, no, he didn't just pick up his bike and disappear into the crowd.
    >
    >he pulled off to the left into a parking lot across from the crowd and
    >waited for his team car.

    But the other version has so much more romance to it. "And he was never seen
    again except in the legends of the Tibetan sherpas who tell of a lonely figure
    climbing the mountain roads, cycling ever upward."

    You know like that.

    Ron

  9. "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:Io%[email protected]

    >> Get OLN you cheap bastard.
    >>

    > doing 400 miles a week of riding, creates a cycling bill that is
    > already
    > obscene. I can't see adding anymore to that. I did watch the year they
    > had
    > the Nascar babe on there with the breasts. It was fun to see Phil's
    > reactions to her comments. I think they dropped her when she discovered
    > the
    > French wine over there. Now if they got her back.......

    She is still there but with brown hair and only doing "lifestyle segments."
    Today she explained what goes into the feedbag and yesterday she gave a tour
    of a team car... the same stories that she did last year.

  10. On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 15:43:01 GMT, RonSonic <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 06:44:30 -0400, David Ferguson <[email protected]>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 20:02:56 GMT, "Callistus Valerius"
    >><[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I saw some tour highlights years ago, and they showed the moment LeMond
    >>>quit. He stopped in some small town, picked up his bike and disappeared
    >>>into the crowd. He did it real quick, like he didn't want anyone to see
    >>>what he was doing, but an alert camera man caught it all. It was great.
    >>>

    >>Umm, no, he didn't just pick up his bike and disappear into the crowd.
    >>
    >>he pulled off to the left into a parking lot across from the crowd and
    >>waited for his team car.

    >But the other version has so much more romance to it. "And he was never seen
    >again except in the legends of the Tibetan sherpas who tell of a lonely figure
    >climbing the mountain roads, cycling ever upward."
    >
    >You know like that.
    >
    >Ron

    Yeah, you're right, forget what I said.

    Off into the sunset.....

  11. RonSonic wrote:

    > But the other version has so much more romance to it. "And he was never seen
    > again except in the legends of the Tibetan sherpas who tell of a lonely figure
    > climbing the mountain roads, cycling ever upward."
    >
    > You know like that.

    Dumbass -

    If only that were true.

    Then we wouldn't be hearing of "virtual victories" and the like. So
    sad.

    thanks,

    K. Gringioni.

  12. NobodyMan

    NobodyMan Guest

    On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 14:53:29 +1200, Stewart Fleming
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Callistus Valerius wrote:
    >
    >> doing 400 miles a week of riding, creates a cycling bill that is already
    >> obscene. I can't see adding anymore to that. I did watch the year they had
    >> the Nascar babe on there with the breasts. It was fun to see Phil's
    >> reactions to her comments. I think they dropped her when she discovered the
    >> French wine over there. Now if they got her back.......

    >Danica Patrick likes French wine?

    Danica Patrick doesn't race NASCAR. She races the IRL circuit (open
    cars) IIRC.

  13. NobodyMan wrote:

    > Danica Patrick doesn't race NASCAR. She races the IRL circuit (open
    > cars) IIRC.

    I wanted to inflame NASCAR, INdy and feminists all in one post.