When to bike and run?

Richard Miller

Guest
Moderately bike on M-W-F and run or walk on Tue-Thr-Sat and rest on Sunday. To get in good shape,
does this sound like a good plan?

Richard

Richard Miller <[email protected]> wrote:
>Moderately bike on M-W-F and run or walk on Tue-Thr-Sat and rest on Sunday. To get in good shape,
>does this sound like a good plan?

How about replacing one of those bike or run/walk days with a swim? The combo of running and cycling
will complement each other nicely on the lower half of the body, but the upper will be a bit
neglected. And if you swim just a bit, you can do the fun triathlons.

--
Jason O'Rourke www.jor.com

"Richard Miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Moderately bike on M-W-F and run or walk on Tue-Thr-Sat and rest on Sunday. To get in good shape,
> does this sound like a good plan?
>
> Richard

If your doing a bike race (only)... or just a run/walk race - maybe.

You need to add some serious bricks ... if your wanting to do a triathlon you need to swim.

Whether or not it's a good plan... depends upon what your trying to accomplish. You didn't mention
intensity, volume, distance,% of Max. HR... you left out so many things.

Triathlon is not three seperate events... It'one event that happens to have 3 different
activities. If your were a baseball player... and threw the ball well... would that make you a
good player?... doubt
it... there is hitting, running, catching, etc.

Joe Moya

Richard Miller wrote:
> Moderately bike on M-W-F and run or walk on Tue-Thr-Sat and rest on Sunday. To get in good shape,
> does this sound like a good plan?

It's reasonable. Just don't jump into it too fast. Start slow and short to get your body used to it.
More exercies programs end because of biting off more than one can chew at the very beginning than
for any other reason.

Cheers,

Walter R. Strapps

--

"The sheer closeness of our two countries and the intensity of our mutual interaction combined with
the disparity between us in terms of wealth and power--all these things guarantee there will be

Robert L. Stanfield, Oct. 28, 1971

Sounds good. Add swimming. Just remember that you will probably need a few months of low-moderate
exertion to build up a base. Don't go too fast. Training at a lower HR will end up conditioning you
sooner rather than later.

Tom

"Richard Miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Moderately bike on M-W-F and run or walk on Tue-Thr-Sat and rest on
Sunday.
> To get in good shape, does this sound like a good plan?
>
> Richard

"Richard Miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Moderately bike on M-W-F and run or walk on Tue-Thr-Sat and rest on Sunday. To get in good shape,
> does this sound like a good plan?
>
> Richard

Do some proper hard training you slack jaw f*g !

this is Triathlon - triathlon SHOULD be hard, it SHOULD hurt - if you ain't bleeding, you ain't
training hard enough.

WALKING, god, lets hope no kids see this post.

All the way, every day! Three a day keeps the doctor away.