When to bike and run?

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Richard Miller, Apr 24, 2003.

  1. Moderately bike on M-W-F and run or walk on Tue-Thr-Sat and rest on Sunday. To get in good shape,
    does this sound like a good plan?

    Richard

    Tags:

  2. Richard Miller <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Moderately bike on M-W-F and run or walk on Tue-Thr-Sat and rest on Sunday. To get in good shape,
    >does this sound like a good plan?

    How about replacing one of those bike or run/walk days with a swim? The combo of running and cycling
    will complement each other nicely on the lower half of the body, but the upper will be a bit
    neglected. And if you swim just a bit, you can do the fun triathlons.

    --
    Jason O'Rourke www.jor.com

  3. Jkmsg

    Jkmsg Guest

    "Richard Miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Moderately bike on M-W-F and run or walk on Tue-Thr-Sat and rest on Sunday. To get in good shape,
    > does this sound like a good plan?
    >
    > Richard

    If your doing a bike race (only)... or just a run/walk race - maybe.

    You need to add some serious bricks ... if your wanting to do a triathlon you need to swim.

    Whether or not it's a good plan... depends upon what your trying to accomplish. You didn't mention
    intensity, volume, distance,% of Max. HR... you left out so many things.

    Triathlon is not three seperate events... It'one event that happens to have 3 different
    activities. If your were a baseball player... and threw the ball well... would that make you a
    good player?... doubt
    it... there is hitting, running, catching, etc.

    Joe Moya

  4. Richard Miller wrote:
    > Moderately bike on M-W-F and run or walk on Tue-Thr-Sat and rest on Sunday. To get in good shape,
    > does this sound like a good plan?

    It's reasonable. Just don't jump into it too fast. Start slow and short to get your body used to it.
    More exercies programs end because of biting off more than one can chew at the very beginning than
    for any other reason.

    Cheers,

    Walter R. Strapps

    --

    "The sheer closeness of our two countries and the intensity of our mutual interaction combined with
    the disparity between us in terms of wealth and power--all these things guarantee there will be

    Robert L. Stanfield, Oct. 28, 1971

  5. Tom G

    Tom G Guest

    Sounds good. Add swimming. Just remember that you will probably need a few months of low-moderate
    exertion to build up a base. Don't go too fast. Training at a lower HR will end up conditioning you
    sooner rather than later.

    Tom

    "Richard Miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Moderately bike on M-W-F and run or walk on Tue-Thr-Sat and rest on
    Sunday.
    > To get in good shape, does this sound like a good plan?
    >
    > Richard

  6. "Richard Miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Moderately bike on M-W-F and run or walk on Tue-Thr-Sat and rest on Sunday. To get in good shape,
    > does this sound like a good plan?
    >
    > Richard

    Do some proper hard training you slack jaw f*g !

    this is Triathlon - triathlon SHOULD be hard, it SHOULD hurt - if you ain't bleeding, you ain't
    training hard enough.

    WALKING, god, lets hope no kids see this post.

  7. All the way, every day! Three a day keeps the doctor away.