When to transition from weight training

Billy Boone

Guest
During the offseason (winter months - November - Febuary), I cut back on my running, biking,
swimming a bit (distance and intensity) and add in some weight training (squats, leg lifts, lungs,
etc) - twice a week. At what point should I begin to transition away from weight training and begin
building up my base aerobic fitness (increase distance and intensity)?

I realize this is a subjective question ... but wanted to get some opinions. Between family, work,
training ... I simply don't have enough time to do everything I'd like and want to maximize my time.

BBB

"Billy Boone" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:idt5a.202606$vm2.155222@rwcrnsc54...
> During the offseason (winter months - November - Febuary), I cut back on
my
> running, biking, swimming a bit (distance and intensity) and add in some weight training (squats,
> leg lifts, lungs, etc) - twice a week. At what point should I begin to transition away from weight
> training and begin building up my base aerobic fitness (increase distance and intensity)?
>
> I realize this is a subjective question ... but wanted to get some
opinions.
> Between family, work, training ... I simply don't have enough time to do everything I'd like and
> want to maximize my time.

If triathlon performance is your goal, then I'd say that the answer is "as soon as possible".

Andy Coggan