When was Quaranta pulled from Saeco's start list?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Carl Sundquist, May 10, 2003.

  1. In article <[email protected]>, "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > ?

    I read about it a couple of days ago. Too bad! Apparently he wasn't quite in form for the giro.
    They'll probably save him for the Tour.

  2. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

  3. Dave

    Dave Guest

  4. Davide Tosi

    Davide Tosi Guest

    "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> ?
    >
    >Saeco is putting all of its eggs in the Simoni GC basket.

    This was not the case. Quaranta was totally out of shape, they checked him at Romandy. No chances
    that he could have done anything. Saeco substituted him with the fastest man they had after him,
    Dario Pieri, so no Simoni's help consideration in this.

  5. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    "Davide Tosi" <[email protected]> wrote

    > >Saeco is putting all of its eggs in the Simoni GC basket.
    >
    > This was not the case. Quaranta was totally out of shape, they checked him at Romandy. No
    > chances that he could have done anything. Saeco substituted him with the fastest man they had
    > after him, Dario
    Pieri,
    > so no Simoni's help consideration in this.

    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/?id=2003/may03/may06news

  6. Chris Daggs

    Chris Daggs Guest

    [email protected] (Marlene Blanshay) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > In article <[email protected]>, "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > ?
    >
    > <snip> They'll probably save him for the Tour.

    He's not going to the Tour...

    I'd be surprised if he gets a contract after this season. He has the 'wannabe Cipo'
    playboy-thing down; except for the winning races thing...He needs to back up some of those past
    Giro stage wins soon.

  7. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Chris
    Daggs) wrote:

    > [email protected] (Marlene Blanshay) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > In article <[email protected]>, "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > > ?
    > >
    > > <snip> They'll probably save him for the Tour.
    >
    > He's not going to the Tour...
    >
    > I'd be surprised if he gets a contract after this season. He has the 'wannabe Cipo'
    > playboy-thing down; except for the winning races thing...He needs to back up some of those past
    > Giro stage wins soon.

    He;s actually a pretty hot sprinter, but he seems to have a lot of trouble going up any kind of
    hill, apparently. If there's an overpass, he bails out! At least cipo can get himself over the
    mountains if he wants to. Too bad Quaranta isn't doing the tour either- seeing him on the podium is
    always nice, he's a great looking guy!