When was Quaranta pulled from Saeco's start list?

"Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> ?
>
>Saeco is putting all of its eggs in the Simoni GC basket.

This was not the case. Quaranta was totally out of shape, they checked him at Romandy. No chances
that he could have done anything. Saeco substituted him with the fastest man they had after him,
Dario Pieri, so no Simoni's help consideration in this.

"Davide Tosi" <[email protected]> wrote

> >Saeco is putting all of its eggs in the Simoni GC basket.
>
> This was not the case. Quaranta was totally out of shape, they checked him at Romandy. No
> chances that he could have done anything. Saeco substituted him with the fastest man they had
> after him, Dario
Pieri,
> so no Simoni's help consideration in this.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/?id=2003/may03/may06news

[email protected] (Marlene Blanshay) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> In article <[email protected]>, "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > ?
>
> <snip> They'll probably save him for the Tour.

He's not going to the Tour...

I'd be surprised if he gets a contract after this season. He has the 'wannabe Cipo'
playboy-thing down; except for the winning races thing...He needs to back up some of those past
Giro stage wins soon.

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Chris
Daggs) wrote:

> [email protected] (Marlene Blanshay) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > In article <[email protected]>, "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > ?
> >
> > <snip> They'll probably save him for the Tour.
>
> He's not going to the Tour...
>
> I'd be surprised if he gets a contract after this season. He has the 'wannabe Cipo'
> playboy-thing down; except for the winning races thing...He needs to back up some of those past
> Giro stage wins soon.

He;s actually a pretty hot sprinter, but he seems to have a lot of trouble going up any kind of
hill, apparently. If there's an overpass, he bails out! At least cipo can get himself over the
mountains if he wants to. Too bad Quaranta isn't doing the tour either- seeing him on the podium is
always nice, he's a great looking guy!