When was your last crash?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Kakashi, Aug 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Kakashi

Kakashi Active Member

My last one was two weeks ago, it was raining and I didn't see the puddle in front of me, it was 3 inches deep and I was standing on my bike when it hit, I instantly jumped off and was flat on my back on the road. I wasn't injured just a few scratches.

When was your last crash?

Tags:

2. Corzhens

Corzhens Well-Known Member

I think I had already posted about this but let me just repeat for the sake of this thread. It was in a lake resort that I crashed on a planter box and that ruined the plants. To be honest about it, I was deeply embarrassed that I cried before I could recover with the help of my nieces and nephew. Until now I couldn’t understand why I crashed maybe I had lost my focus or my balance, I really cannot say.

3. cyclintom

cyclintom Well-Known Member

In the last two months I've had two crashes - the first I was about to ride up an overpass over the local rapid transit and somehow there was a green pinecone in the other lane and a passing car kicked it under my bike tire. Hell, I was riding along and the next thing I knew I was laying on the ground with no idea of how I got there, No serious damage and was sore for a month.

A week and a half ago I was riding down a hill at 35 and in a turn. At the bottom was a stop light out onto a main street. I stopped and proceeded after the light changed turning onto the main street. There was immediately another light. Stopped there. Started off on the green and got across the intersection when my tubeless tire blew completely off the rim and I lost control and went down at perhaps 8 mph. It sounded like a gunshot. Wearing several layers so the worst damage was to my knee. It didn't seem to be healing and I discovered 3M Tegaderm which is something like Saran Wrap that sticks to your body hairy or not. After one full day the healing has been as much as the previous week and some. I recommend this stuff highly. Turned out that the tire I thought was tubeless was not. Be EXTREMELY careful that any tubeless tires you use say tubeless without any hesitation.