When will I be famous?

G

I was just wondering if anybody else here was game enough to admit having, at one stage, owned a Bros record or cassette at some stage in the late 1980s. My musical tastes went through that phase (I was only about 11 at the time). I'm just wondering if I was the only one.

Bros? Are you kidding? But during the 80's I bought every Depeche Mode album and maxi-single (all on vinyl!) I could lay my hands on. I'm still a Mode fan after all these years.

I can not admit to ever owning a Bros record. Now, Depeche Mode on the other hand still makes it into my CD shuttle. (Their concert a few years back was awesome!)

But I will admit to ABBA - my children love to sing "Waterloo" in our car in the morning on the way to school. (Fortunately "Gimme gimme a man after midnight" is not on the CD we sing to in the morning).

My kids and I also sing to Talking Heads (the baby song), the Stranglers (Mommy, play "the mouse song" again), and my son's current favourite is Eddy Grant's "Electric Avenue".

Nice to have kids as an excuse ... ;)

DM in concert were awesome! It was also their tour of one of my fav DM albums - Songs of Faith and Devotion. In your Room and Higher Love - no words to describe those two songs! And the Talking Heads! Brillaint!
Hey Ronnie, what's ya fav DM track?

I'll admit it, I've still got a Bros tape. I've still got New Kids on th Block and Martika aswell. What about Transvision Vamp or Sique Sique Sputnik.

I loved the 80's.

Ahh, it feels good to have just missed those years (at least ito of buying music). I was still happily grubbing around as an innocent kid... So saying, I can't say I have any problems with old ABBA and was subjected to a steady diet of Neil Diamond... Oldest stuff I can admit to owning (well, other than ageless items) is some Jean Michael Jarre and UB 40

Blancmange, OMD, Tears for Fears, Eurythmics, Pet Shop Boys, Soft Cell...those were the days!
Anyone remember Roxy Music or A Flock of Seagulls? ;D

You can't forget Simon Le Bon and the boys of Duran, Duran. Remember the Rio and girls on film videos. I was a huge D Modie during the 80's and even had a haircut like David Gahan. Don't forget Nick Kershaw, Black, The Smiths, Madness etc etc.

The list can go on forever. Remember Erasure, The Communards, Yazoo, Housemartins? What about the other alternative bands like PIL, Bauhaus, Souxsie and the Banshees.

I'll admit it, I've still got a Bros tape. I've still got New Kids on th Block and Martika aswell. What about Transvision Vamp or Sique Sique Sputnik.

Simple Minds? Fine Young Cannibals?

Oh my God, what have I started?!

Here's going slightly off track but what about the movies and TV shows from then like Breakfast Club, St. Elmo's Fire, 21 Jump Street, A-Team and Night Rider. Don't forget about 'V' *WOW*

Life was good then.

Yes, but Erick Estrada (spelling?) wasn't cool, even then. hehehe.

Remember the pale pink shirts, short belly shirts, chicks with the huge belts and the huger hairstyles. hargh hargh hargh

Blancmange, OMD, Tears for Fears, Eurythmics, Pet Shop Boys, Soft Cell...those were the days!
Anyone remember Roxy Music or A Flock of Seagulls? ;D

Hey I've got them all except Pet shop boys and Flock. :-[

I've got OMD's debut album and if you've heard "Dancing" then you wonder what they were on.

Tears For Fears still rock though he brought the last album out under his own name.

Though the greatest band to come out of the 80's has to have been Japan, they were awesome then and Sylvian is still awesome now.

Whenever I think of bad taste music I always think of a close friend.

After work we were walking back to his car when he noticed that it had been broken into. They took his Car radio and all his tapes but in place of where his car radio had been, they placed a Milli Vanilli Tape. To this day he says it wasn't his but I'm not too sure. :D

Lazarus-g - our cd collection has every Japan album, every Sylvian album that my husband can lay his hands on. Especially the Sylvian stuff with Robert Fripp. Somebody should have warned me before I married him!

VO2, I have had a Mode festival in my car since this thread started! (Can't decide a favourite - definitely the older stuff) And it is now time for a bit of "War" and "Relax" (Frankie goes to Hollywood) while I upload my heart rate file into my laptop after this morning's ride. :p

Ronnie, your husband obviously has good taste, and he knows a bit about good music too. :D.

At the moment I love the "Rain Tree Crow" album and only paying £2 for it in a bargain bin was just the icing on the cake (no dead bees).