Where are all the Canadians

Gigabit said:
Is There any one from east cost on here NewBrunsick :)
And were do you ride. Moncton is were im from.

;)

Not many Maritimers hereabouts but there is a NewBrunswickKate who posts periodically. She does have a current post over in the Bike Cafe.

Goober2 said:
oh ya, I love climbing that hill, what a rush. When I first started climbing it, i had to use gears 1 and 1. Over time I've managed to get into the second chain ring. I love seeing improvement in myself, what a motivator. Its about 30km from my house so I would usually ride 20km past Rattle Snake Point, then turn around and come back to make it a 100km day.

If you continue down Appleby and turn right onto Campbellville RD, your first left will be Nassagaweya 6th line. This is another awesome hill and maybe more challenging. This one is a straight road with a very steep grade and seems to go on forever (steady climb until 15 side road). Coming down my bro hit 75 km/hour. There is a rock quarry on that road, so watch out for the dump trucks.

Anyone ride the hills around Inglewood & Belfountain? I would like to know what % they are. I always get up them without stopping, but it hurts (hills: hairpin turn on forks of the credit rd and old baseline/peel sd rd heading west).

How about the West Coast? I live in Port Alberni on Vancouver Island. Our February and March had so much sun I had many back to back to back 2.5 - 4-5 hour rides. Rode to Comox today, 112 km. Others?

Dave

I'm from Mississauga and have been riding for a year. Best rides so far i've done are with Gears.
I found the best hill around is in Hamilton, but in a busy road. Does anyone do ride this basboy? I know it's intersection is on dundas and _______. But it has a gas station and tim horton's/wendy's at the top of it, then at the bottom it leads into the highway.

stang106 said:
How about the West Coast? I live in Port Alberni on Vancouver Island. Our February and March had so much sun I had many back to back to back 2.5 - 4-5 hour rides. Rode to Comox today, 112 km. Others?

Dave

My goodness, me too! Everyone here is from Ontario!

I'm in Victoria, biker's Shangri-La. Looking to get into a club, perhaps the Wheelers. A little nervous about club riding and racing, but what the heck, it's what I signed on for.

Yes, yes, I'm another Ontario from the Golden Horseshoe.....

Some of the best riding terrain in Ontario is along the Niagara Escarpment. In particular the section from St.Catharines to Milton/Halton Hills. Some great leg burners, relatively short but steep climbs with rolling roads in and around the area. As a bonus, depending on the specific location and time of day, traffic is low. Just get used to smelling farm animal **** during certain periods of the year......Hey, how can you go wrong with terrain that breed Bauer, Singleton, Strong, and other greats of Canadian cycling.

And no, I don't work for the tourism board, just a road bike addict.......

[My goodness, me too! Everyone here is from Ontario!

I'm in Victoria, biker's Shangri-La. Looking to get into a club, perhaps the Wheelers. A little nervous about club riding and racing, but what the heck, it's what I signed on for.]

Olmo:
You are in the Biking heavens of Canada! With the most sun and dry warm days is little wonder why all the serious athletes migrate there. It seemed to work for Peter Reid and Simon Whitfield.

Dave

stang106 said:
[My goodness, me too! Everyone here is from Ontario!

I'm in Victoria, biker's Shangri-La. Looking to get into a club, perhaps the Wheelers. A little nervous about club riding and racing, but what the heck, it's what I signed on for.]

Olmo:
You are in the Biking heavens of Canada! With the most sun and dry warm days is little wonder why all the serious athletes migrate there. It seemed to work for Peter Reid and Simon Whitfield.

Dave

Yeah, I'm pretty lucky! Not too many rednecked drivers around, nice weather, good roads. You're not too far off the mark in Alberni though; especially out to Ucluelet and Tofino.

Another one from Ontario (Toronto)! I'm a year round Road and Fixie rider. I do most of my longer rides from Toronto to Oakville on Lakeshore and the waterfront trail...although we have been known to push it to Hamilton on occasion.
Cheers
Rob

Wolfzazi said:
I'm from Mississauga and have been riding for a year. Best rides so far i've done are with Gears.
I found the best hill around is in Hamilton, but in a busy road. Does anyone do ride this basboy? I know it's intersection is on dundas and _______. But it has a gas station and tim horton's/wendy's at the top of it, then at the bottom it leads into the highway.

Sounds like your talking about Clappersons Corner at Dundas (Highway 5) and Highway 6, good hill but lots of traffic, I live just off there on Valley Rd (popular hill) . . Check out Sydenham Rd leading into Dundas (the town), good challenge.

Paris to Ancaster this weekend - Are you ready!!!