Where are 'bents for sale?

Tom Kunich

Guest
Where would I look to find bents? And what size would someone ride who rides a 55 cm normal bike?

Tom, Let's start out by browsing the following websites:

www.bentridersonline.com www.recumbents.com www.recumbent.com www.ihpva.org

Obviously, there are several more, but these are the ones that come to mind quickly.

--
Rickey Horwitz Hell-bent Cycle Works- I build trikes http://www.hellbentcycles.com

[q1]> Where would I look to find bents? And what size would someone ride who[/q1]
rides
[q1]> a 55 cm normal bike?[/q1]

"Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote
[q1]> Where would I look to find bents? And what size would someone ride who[/q1]
rides
[q1]> a 55 cm normal bike?[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]

Tom K?? Looking for a 'bent? whoa.

Used, look at www.recumbents.com. New...there are quite a few dealers online, also listed there.

As far as size, each style and model bent is different. Start by knowing your X-seam measurement.
http://www.hostelshoppe.com/tech_xseam.php http://recumbent.bikeriders.com/xseam.html
http://www.alansfamilybikeshop.com/XseamBIG.htm

Pete

For the GRR and Ti Rush, Easy Racers does NOT want your back as flat as possible against the wall.
It asks you to sit back against a slanted board with the tope of the board flat against the wall and
with the bottom of the board extended out about 6 or 8 inches (?) at the bottom.

--
Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush "Chris Crawford" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[q1]> In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...[/q1]
[q2]> > Where would I look to find bents? And what size would someone ride who[/q2]
rides
[q2]> > a 55 cm normal bike?[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q1]> Tom - I forgot to mention sizing. Recumbent riders usually talk in "xseam" which is roughly the[/q1]
[q1]> distance from the wall to the end of your heels (barefoot) while seated on the floor with your[/q1]
[q1]> back as flat as possible against the wall. There are many variations on this.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Most builders make roughly 2 or 3 sizes of frames, each range covers roughly 6" in rider height.[/q1]
[q1]> Further adjustment is then made by moving the seat on the monotube, moving the boom (BB) in and[/q1]
[q1]> out, or both.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> 55cm rider = 5'10"? xseam = 42"?[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Regards Chris[/q1]

Tom:

Call for an appointment or e-mail me at zakaplan at earthlink dot net.

Zach Kaplan 510-522-BENT (2368)

news:<[email protected]>...
[q1]> That's great Zach, but what's your address?[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> "Zach Kaplan Cycles" <[email protected]> wrote in message[/q1]
[q1]> news:[email protected]...[/q1]
[q2]> > Tom:[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> > From your posts to ba.bicycles you appear to be in the San Francisco Bay Area. I'm a recumbent[/q2]
[q2]> > only dealer in Alameda near Oakland and sell 8 brands of recumbents.[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> > As far as sizing goes, some recumbents come in one size that fits most, others come in multiple[/q2]
[q2]> > frame sizes. It depends on the brand and model. The important physical dimension to know when[/q2]
[q2]> > sizing a recumbent is not what size road bike you ride but rather how long your x-seam is, the[/q2]
[q2]> > the outside leg length measurement taken when sitting on the floor against a wall with your legs[/q2]
[q2]> > fully extended.[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> > Zach Kaplan 510-522-BENT (2368)[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> > "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote in message[/q2]
[q1]> news:<[email protected]>...[/q1]
[q3]> > > Where would I look to find bents? And what size would someone ride who[/q3]
[q1]> rides[/q1]
[q3]> > > a 55 cm normal bike?[/q3]

> Where would I look to find bents? And what size would someone ride who rides a 55 cm normal bike?

to Tom visiting from R.B.T.:

The following are some of the bigger dealers/infosites with web sites - that should get you started.

http://www.challengebikes.com/NewChallengeBikes/index.htm
http://www.calhouncycle.com/recumbents.html http://www.foolscrow.com/
http://www.reynoldsweldlabs.com/ http://poweroncycling.com/ http://www.angletechcycles.com/
http://hostelshoppe.com/ http://www.bentrideronline.com/2002%20Buyer%27s%20Guide/
http://www.bentrideronline.com/ http://recumbents.com/default-page.htm http://www.gaerlan.com/

What are you looking for?

Regards Chris

> Where would I look to find bents? And what size would someone ride who rides a 55 cm normal bike?

to Tom visiting from R.B.T.:

The following are some of the bigger dealers/infosites with web sites - that should get you started.

http://www.challengebikes.com/NewChallengeBikes/index.htm
http://www.calhouncycle.com/recumbents.html http://www.foolscrow.com/
http://www.reynoldsweldlabs.com/ http://poweroncycling.com/ http://www.angletechcycles.com/
http://hostelshoppe.com/ http://www.bentrideronline.com/2002%20Buyer%27s%20Guide/
http://www.bentrideronline.com/ http://recumbents.com/default-page.htm http://www.gaerlan.com/

What are you looking for?

Regards Chris

> Where would I look to find bents? And what size would someone ride who rides a 55 cm normal bike?

Tom - I forgot to mention sizing. Recumbent riders usually talk in "xseam" which is roughly the
distance from the wall to the end of your heels (barefoot) while seated on the floor with your back
as flat as possible against the wall. There are many variations on this.

Most builders make roughly 2 or 3 sizes of frames, each range covers roughly 6" in rider height.
Further adjustment is then made by moving the seat on the monotube, moving the boom (BB) in and
out, or both.

55cm rider = 5'10"? xseam = 42"?

Regards Chris

Tom:

From your posts to ba.bicycles you appear to be in the San Francisco Bay Area. I'm a recumbent only
dealer in Alameda near Oakland and sell 8 brands of recumbents.

As far as sizing goes, some recumbents come in one size that fits most, others come in multiple
frame sizes. It depends on the brand and model. The important physical dimension to know when sizing
a recumbent is not what size road bike you ride but rather how long your x-seam is, the the outside
leg length measurement taken when sitting on the floor against a wall with your legs fully extended.

Zach Kaplan 510-522-BENT (2368)

news:<[email protected]>...
> Where would I look to find bents? And what size would someone ride who rides a 55 cm normal bike?

> Where would I look to find bents? And what size would someone ride who rides a 55 cm normal bike?

Tom - I forgot to mention sizing. Recumbent riders usually talk in "xseam" which is roughly the
distance from the wall to the end of your heels (barefoot) while seated on the floor with your back
as flat as possible against the wall. There are many variations on this.

Most builders make roughly 2 or 3 sizes of frames, each range covers roughly 6" in rider height.
Further adjustment is then made by moving the seat on the monotube, moving the boom (BB) in and
out, or both.

55cm rider = 5'10"? xseam = 42"?

Regards Chris

Tom:

From your posts to ba.bicycles you appear to be in the San Francisco Bay Area. I'm a recumbent only
dealer in Alameda near Oakland and sell 8 brands of recumbents.

As far as sizing goes, some recumbents come in one size that fits most, others come in multiple
frame sizes. It depends on the brand and model. The important physical dimension to know when sizing
a recumbent is not what size road bike you ride but rather how long your x-seam is, the the outside
leg length measurement taken when sitting on the floor against a wall with your legs fully extended.

Zach Kaplan 510-522-BENT (2368)

news:<[email protected]>...
> Where would I look to find bents? And what size would someone ride who rides a 55 cm normal bike?

news:<[email protected]>...
> Where would I look to find bents? And what size would someone ride who rides a 55 cm normal bike?

On the computer! Miles, miles, and miles away. Ain't it generally so? ;-)

Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

news:<[email protected]>...
> Where would I look to find bents? And what size would someone ride who rides a 55 cm normal bike?

On the computer! Miles, miles, and miles away. Ain't it generally so? ;-)

Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

That's great Zach, but what's your address?

"Zach Kaplan Cycles" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Tom:
>
> From your posts to ba.bicycles you appear to be in the San Francisco Bay Area. I'm a recumbent
> only dealer in Alameda near Oakland and sell 8 brands of recumbents.
>
> As far as sizing goes, some recumbents come in one size that fits most, others come in multiple
> frame sizes. It depends on the brand and model. The important physical dimension to know when
> sizing a recumbent is not what size road bike you ride but rather how long your x-seam is, the the
> outside leg length measurement taken when sitting on the floor against a wall with your legs fully
> extended.
>
> Zach Kaplan 510-522-BENT (2368)

news:<[email protected]>...
> > Where would I look to find bents? And what size would someone ride who
rides
> > a 55 cm normal bike?

Tom, It's normal to ride a bent ;-) Welcome to the dark side. bill g

Pete wrote:
> "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote
>
>>Where would I look to find bents? And what size would someone ride who rides a 55 cm normal bike?
>>

> Tom K?? Looking for a 'bent? whoa.

He didn't say it was for him...

Pete wrote:
> "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote
>
>>Where would I look to find bents? And what size would someone ride who rides a 55 cm normal bike?
>>

> Tom K?? Looking for a 'bent? whoa.

He didn't say it was for him...