Where are Glycemic index listed?

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Dennis Vogel, Feb 16, 2004.

  1. Dennis Vogel

    Dennis Vogel Guest

    Can anyone please tell where I can get a list of food glycemic indexes?

    Thanks, Dennis

    Tags:

  2. Batezee

    Batezee Guest

    Hope fully on the Packaging?

    David

    --
    "That Damn Butterfly" "Dennis Vogel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Can anyone please tell where I can get a list of food glycemic indexes?
    >
    > Thanks, Dennis

  3. T2_lurking

    T2_lurking Guest

    http://diabetes.about.com/library/mendosagi/nmendosagi.htm

    keep diggin!
    t2_lurking geabbottATabbottandabbottDOTcom Do not mail to t2_lurking (auto-delete)
    ============================
    "Off with her head!' the Queen shouted at the top of her voice. "Who cares for you?' said Alice,
    "You're nothing but a pack of pixels"!
    New to Diabetes? Go to: http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org

    "Dennis Vogel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Can anyone please tell where I can get a list of food glycemic indexes?
    >
    > Thanks, Dennis

  4. Alan

    Alan Guest

    On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 14:28:07 GMT, "Dennis Vogel" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Can anyone please tell where I can get a list of food glycemic indexes?
    >
    >Thanks, Dennis

    Australian:

    http://www.glycemicindex.com/

    American:

    http://diabetes.about.com/library/mendosagi/nmendosagi.htm

    And follow their links.

    There are others. These two are enough to get you going. Also make sure you include some reading on
    glycemic load, because high GI doesn't necessarily mean bad for you; other factors come into it.

    Cheers Alan, T2, Oz. dx May 2002 , A1C 8.2=>5.8, wt 117kg=>90kg, no meds, diet and not enough
    exercise. I have no medical qualifications beyond my own experience. Choose your advisers carefully,
    because experience can be an expensive teacher.

  5. Beav

    Beav Guest

    "Dennis Vogel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]ews.atl.earthlink.net...
    > Can anyone please tell where I can get a list of food glycemic indexes?

    Having read your question, I (a complete computer dummy) opened up Google, typed in "Glycemic index"
    and was bombarded by hundreds and hundreds of sites where the GI is posted.

    If you did the same, you'd have a field day looking around.

    Beav

  6. Alan

    wrote:

    >Can anyone please tell where I can get a list of food glycemic indexes?
    >
    >Thanks, Dennis

    I just noticed the cross-post here. "alt.health.diabetes" doesn't appear on my lists. Am I behind
    the times or did you just take a guess?

    Cheers, Alan, T2, Oz.

  7. Julie Bove

    Julie Bove Guest

  8. Beav

    Beav Guest

    "Julie Bove" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Alan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:p[email protected]...
    >
    > > I just noticed the cross-post here. "alt.health.diabetes" doesn't appear on my lists. Am I
    > > behind the times or did you just take a guess?
    >
    > Might not be listed by your news server. It isn't on mine.

    It's not on mine either and mine carries some REALLY weird crap;-)

    Beav