Where are Kuota and Orbea made?

Rocket69

Dec 23, 2003
Hi all, was interested in purchasing a new bike this Spring, the Kuota or Orbea. However, I was wondering where these bikes are "actually" made? I am a little learly of the warranty Kuota offers... only 3 years and orbea, only 5... Anyway, if anyone has an insight, I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Rocket69

Rocket69 said:
Hi all, was interested in purchasing a new bike this Spring, the Kuota or Orbea. However, I was wondering where these bikes are "actually" made? I am a little learly of the warranty Kuota offers... only 3 years and orbea, only 5... Anyway, if anyone has an insight, I would appreciate it.
Niether endorsing/vouching for, or detracting from either of these companies there is very little that is not going to be considered the result of fatigue/normal wear or abuse after 3 or 5 years by any manufacturer.

Rocket69 said:

Thanks
Rocket69
Hi Rocket

I have a Orbea and love it. The Orbea factory is located in Mallabia Bizkaia Euskal Herria (The Basque country in northern Spain).

Tori

Rocket69 said:

Thanks
Rocket69

Here the link for Orbea USA
http://orbea-usa.com/fly.aspx?layout=home

Tori

I also ride an Orbea and have to say, it's the best bike I've ever owned. I had Specialized, Trek, Cannondale, and Giant but none of them were as good as my Orbea. Good luck in your new bike purchase.

supergrill said:
Niether endorsing/vouching for, or detracting from either of these companies there is very little that is not going to be considered the result of fatigue/normal wear or abuse after 3 or 5 years by any manufacturer.
Agreed. If the bike is poorly made, it will fail in the first few months and be replaced. If it makes it to a year, then any problems after that will be called your fault. Thus, I would not purchase a bike because it has a lifetime vs. 5 vs 3 year warranty. Go for the one that fits you better and is in your price range.

According to the '05 Orbea catalog I have, they offer a lifetime warranty on their frames. . .

:D