Where are the real goods near Memphis?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by John G, Apr 9, 2003.

  1. John G

    John G Guest

    I've gotta go down to TN for some "business" and will need to decompress with some good riding. So
    where do the locals keep "the good stuff" (tight, twisty, technical, rooty, rocky, rustic,
    nut-busting singletrack) hidden?

    Tags:

  2. Andy R.

    Andy R. Guest

    Try Stanky Creek. It is at the corner of Yale Road and Bartlett Blvd. Take the Sycamore View exit
    off of I-40 west and go left for about 5 miles until you see Yale road. Take a left at the light and
    go to the four way stop. Go throuh the four way stop and you will see the parking lot on your right.
    It is the best Memphis has to offer. Don't expect any hills down here, everything is flat.

    John G wrote:

    > I've gotta go down to TN for some "business" and will need to decompress with some good riding. So
    > where do the locals keep "the good stuff" (tight, twisty, technical, rooty, rocky, rustic,
    > nut-busting singletrack) hidden?

  3. Andy R.

    John G wrote:

    > I've gotta go down to TN for some "business" and will need to decompress with some good riding. So
    > where do the locals keep "the good stuff" (tight, twisty, technical, rooty, rocky, rustic,
    > nut-busting singletrack) hidden?

  4. John G

    John G Guest

    Andy R. wrote:
    > Try Stanky Creek. It is at the corner of Yale Road and Bartlett Blvd. Take the Sycamore View exit
    > off of I-40 west and go left for about 5 miles until you see Yale road. Take a left at the light
    > and go to the four way stop. Go throuh the four way stop and you will see the parking lot on your
    > right. It is the best Memphis has to offer.

    Is this AKA Bartlett Park? A few blocks (1/2 mile South of Quail Ridge Golf Couse?

    >Don't expect any hills down here,

    Just fine by me... I'll bring the SS geared 32:17 instead of 32:18

    > everything is flat.

    Except for the women :)

  5. Andy R.

    Andy R. Guest

    No. Stanky Creek is bikeing, hiking and shit like that. Bartlett park is up the street on Yale.
    Stanky is a single track bike trail.

  6. Andy R. wrote:
    > No. Stanky Creek is bikeing, hiking and shit like that. Bartlett park is up the street on Yale.
    > Stanky is a single track bike trail.

    I'll be there with the Single Speed, May 16th.

  7. No, if you look on a map such as Yahoo! maps and search for "Yale Rd. at Bartlett Blvd." for
    Bartlett, TN, you will see that Stanky Creek Trails is labelled as "Bartlett Park"... Just east of
    there the park is Yale Rd. Park. Just south on Bartlett Blvd. you come to Freeman Park or (on yahoo
    maps) "Bartlett City Park".. could be confusing.

    Charles Evans [email protected]

    -------------------

    John G wrote:

    > Andy R. wrote:
    >
    >> Try Stanky Creek. It is at the corner of Yale Road and Bartlett Blvd. Take the Sycamore View
    >> exit off of I-40 west and go left for about 5 miles until you see Yale road. Take a left at the
    >> light and go to the four way stop. Go throuh the four way stop and you will see the parking lot
    >> on your right. It is the best Memphis has to offer.
    >

    > Is this AKA Bartlett Park? A few blocks (1/2 mile South of Quail Ridge Golf Couse?
    >

    >> Don't expect any hills down here,
    >

    > Just fine by me... I'll bring the SS geared 32:17 instead of 32:18
    >

    >> everything is flat.
    >

    > Except for the women :)

  8. Qa2

    Qa2 Guest

    There are no sign at the parking lot identifying the trail as Stanky Creek or Barlett Park. The
    only thing there is a bulletin board that Mid South Trails put up with bikeing info and maps of
    Stanky Creek.