Where are you from & what are your trails like?

sworkz

Oct 2, 2003
If you have any pictures, post them.

I'm from Texas, our trails vary from extremely technical to full on roadie courses.:)

Originally posted by sworkz
If you have any pictures, post them.

I'm from Texas, our trails vary from extremely technical to full on roadie courses.:)

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Spitting distance to the rockies, great trails for XC most rides are over/through mountain passes. 2 hour climbs with screaming 15 minute descents.

25 minutes East of Atlanta, Georgia.

Moderate to difficult single track around town, including the Olympic course from 1996. One-to-two hour drive to the mountains for leg burning climbs and technical downhills.

Charleston, SC soon to be Seattle, WA

Here in Charleston the trails are very root-filled and usually swampy. Even without rain for weeks you can still ride on the trail and end up covered in mud.

I'm from Australia, about an hour north of Sydney. There are many fire trails in the mountains. The fire trails are smooth enough for vehicles often with drainage humps (fun to get air off) down steep sections. Also some challenging 4wd tracks down the mountains. The photo is of a track made specifically for mountain bikes by a local mtb association. This track has some jumps, drops, berms and this float over a rock garden (pictured)