Where are you from,what do you do?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Guest, Sep 11, 2001.

1. Ian Richardson

Ian Richardson New Member

What ever you do -if you fart about with a fixed wheel dont get anything caught up in the pedals or chain.I remember as a kid I had a "fixy" , I was belting down hill and my lace got into the pedal, my breaks where crap, you can inagine the rest .Take care!!

2. closesupport

closesupport Banned

I can imagine, i've done it on the velodrome for some silly reason i decided to stop pedaling and the bike decided it wanted to do an endover! but soon as i realised what i had done i managed control by pedaling again and keep it moving.........;)

3. chodrick

chodrick New Member

Looks like I'll forego reading the previous 138 pages. My name is Jim, from Enid Oklahoma and I'm an Automotive Tech. Just purchased my first bike in about 18 years so I'm a bit behind most of you folks. I have a Trek 4300 and so far am pretty happy with it. Don't plan on many mods unless something breaks or wears out.

4. Moistfly

Moistfly New Member

I like introduction threads so I'll contribute my 2 cents

I'm a college student living in Alpine, Utah, USA. Been riding for 2 years now and have a Felt F45 ... aside from school I also manage a tech support center :D

5. agv1839

agv1839 New Member

Hi every body,my background is a runer and got hook on Duathlons and triathlons,so good riding to all of you.I almost forget im from MIami,Fl and run my small bussines(manufacturing of corrugated boxes).

6. midgie

midgie New Member

Hi from La Salle,IL. I was a mechanic at our local bike shop til it closed in Dec. I spent nearly 4 years there. I'm now working on my business plan to open my own shop. Since there isn't one in a 25 mile radius. I don't ride as much as I could or should. You could say I'm a fair weather rider. So in Illinois that only gives me a few good months. I have a hard time turning the TV or the computer off. Thank God for summer reruns. I know more about movies and TV , than I do bikes. I own a 2004 Specialized Allez Vita and a 2004 Raleigh Retroglide 7 (modified with an internal 7) Last year the Retroglide got more use. I finally bought a computer last July, and it took me 4 months to figure everything out. I'm also a little obsessive-compulsive(anal) I need to replace the Hardrock I sold, but not until I can afford an Epic. Thats about all.

7. Spectatorsport

Spectatorsport New Member

I'm a college student studying biomedical engineering in Cincinnati, OH. I used to play soccer, and run track in high school, but in college I have been doing duathlons, sprint triathlons, and distance runs (mostly 5k and 10k). I want to eventually be able to finish a Full Ironman Length Triathlons. I recently upgraded from a hybrid to a 'new' 2002 Fuji Roubaix Pro.

8. michelle turner

michelle turner New Member

Hi, Im from Sydney Australia - northern beaches area and I work in insurance but dont hold that against me.

Im new to cycling and have been given the challenge of getting fit and fully trained up to do the Taupo race in NZ - thats 160km around the lake at the end of November 05 looking at a 7 hr ride or better. I have the bike and have been doing some rides but want to train with someone else who would be looking at doing the race or who has done it before.

9. mmoo

mmoo New Member

Hello, I'm from Manchester (UK) and currently ride a swb recumbent :D that I knocked up in my back yard. My favourite type of cycling is mooching around being really nosey - you get to see some mad things when you slow down and leave the main roads. I am planning to build a python style (http://www.python.tieflieger.net/) bike in the summer (can't weld in the rain) and will soon start looking for dead donor bikes.

10. jenjd

jenjd New Member

Good for you! 160 is a challenging distance and you'll do great. :)

11. phil c

phil c New Member

Hi. I'm Phil, 28, living in Republic of Ireland. I use my bike mostly to commute in and out of town and occasionally, for fun, further afield. It's just a cheap mountian bike that wont get nicked. What I'd really like to know is what else is out there if i want to take it further and go on more journeys further afield. What kind of difference would a more expensive and efficient bike make to my speed, economy of effort and most of all enjoyment.

Any advice would be really appreciated. Cheers.

12. ChamucoDS

ChamucoDS New Member

Hello to All,

I'm from Tijuana, Mexico.

I like to ride on the weekends, during the week I do Spinning Classes; I will star to compete in our beginner’s state MTB league. So I come here to look and ask some tips to help perform better.

13. michelle turner

michelle turner New Member

14. bjoesloe

bjoesloe New Member

Hello!:D

I'm grinning because I quit smoking this Jan, took up spinning classes 4-5X/week, and am starting to feel like a superhero. Why did I live like that?
    Through lurking about, I'm finding there's folks finding and have found the same revelations I am now. Bought a new road bike last summer, but kept smoking.
    Greatly looking forward to my first century end of April, and maybe competitive riding somewhere on the horizon.

I hail from Minneapolis, Minnesota. I do carpentry when I need to earn money.
    I live with two birds.

15. davidho

davidho New Member

Hi, I'm from Israel, I'm now riding a Trek Liquid and manage to fit in bike rides twice a week (20-30km each): trail and a kinda aggressive. I want to buy a lighter bike but still want 120 mm shock (Scott Genius MC or Specialized Stumpjumper or Gary Fisher Cake- Any suggestions?)

David

16. howierart

howierart New Member

Hello! Im Ian from Lancashire England.. Had the past three moths off between jobs (back at work April) So been enjoying 200+ mile leisurely weeks since then. Im also sure that we have some of the most diverse and bueatiful cycling in the world! Though im sure everyone thinks that! Exactly what id do if I won the lottery so im happy for now! Love the idea of a cycling forum. Ill be askingt all sorts of questions and am never short of an opinion! Happy cycling good people!

17. maryc

maryc New Member

Hello all,

I'm Mary, from Scotland. I've been cycling intermittently for years, but I've decided to prioritise it now. I love road cycling and I'm lucky that where I stay I can be in the hills in about 20 minutes. :D

18. agv1839

agv1839 New Member

Hey,you are 57 years younger look at it that way Im 48 started at 44 and i wish i dine it b/4,good biking,IM from Miami no hills like you guys in NC.

19. motoXwanab

motoXwanab New Member

I ride 20mi Mon-Thursday, 30mi Fridays, 40-60mi on Saturdays. I live in Pensacola, Florida USA:)

20. mustangjoe

mustangjoe New Member

Hello I was wondering if anyone can give me comments on the 2004 Fuji Provence bike? I am looking to purchase this bike and need some feedback on the Bike!!:)