Where are you from,what do you do?

Hi.

I'm in San Diego, and my typical ride cruises along 101 from Solana Beach to La Costa Avenue or Palomar Airport (La Costa to Palomar Airport is the best part!).

This ride takes me by Nytro, a popular high-end bike shop that is the worse I've ever dealt with since they opened. Terrible Service, terrible treatment (had to yell at a mechanic to get my cassette put back on my bike after a demo... the first/last demo I'll ever do). Stay away!!!

Some other good LBSes in the area. San Dieguito Cycle was the best I've ever dealt with, but they moved to a bad location and went out of business. I recommend Leucadia Cycle, since the head guy there is *very* experienced and treats you right.

Bike 101 (Solana Beach) was also a great shop, bought out and changed to B&L. They seem very nice... a bit higher end than Leucadia Cycle, but not cocky and willing to help out. They seem to like to just talk about bikes... a good sign in my opinion.

-Pie

New to the forum, I'm based in France (winter in the Alps, summer near the Mont Ventoux....)

Enjoy cycling and skiing (for fun), except that I smashed shoulder and humerus :( ten days back, up in Les Arcs where I spend the winter.

I'll be looking for some advice, don't know if ayone can help... I did up an old farm in Provence, near Malaucène, lived there since 1994. I have been thinking about offering it as a base for cycling holidays. It's really perfectly placed, a couple of miles from Malaucène at the foot of the Ventoux. Watch the Dauphiné go past every year too.

Massive old 18th century building in own grounds with 10 bedrooms in all, big pool, set in several acres of private grounds. It just occurred to me that it's ideal for cyclists to base themselves to tour the area.

Anyway, great forum!

Pete

Southern Indiana here, an old road dog who tries to enjoy life on the weekends, ride rollers in the winter and during the week.
Manufacturer's Rep, which means a lot of evenings driving around my territory. Currently riding a LeMond Buenos Aires, but considering a used Quattro Assi, always ridden steel frames up till now.

I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, USA. Lots of snow, icey roads. I'm supposed to be working at writing a book but I'm dreaming of biking in the badlands of North Dakota next summer, camping out, with my year-old black German Shepherd as my companion. Any advice on single man (well, woman) sleeping bag/tent combinations?

fix said:
I'm from the n'western suburbs of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US.

I'm a structural engineer designing bridges and encouraging bike lanes be put on them.

BRAVO!! I moved to Reading last summer and left after three months, terrorized by traffic. SE Pennsylvania would be so beautiful, at 10 mph.
Thank you.

Eugene, Oregon, USA

I work for a company that manufactures PVC pipe. Ride a road bike, a mountain bike, and my wife and I also have a tandem. For those of you familiar with some of the events in the NW, we've done RAMROD, Tour de Blast (Mt St Helen's), and the Davis Double. Just got back from Hawaii, where we climbed Haleakala.

First time participating in a bike forum. Looks like some interesting topics.

Hello I am from Perth Western Australia I am a bicycle mechanic and have been for a long long time. I ride weekends and spend a bit of time on the computer and enjoy reading C.F and lots of cycling web sites.

Hi, I'm Lili and I am from New Jersey. I am a new Certified Spinning Instructor. I also love to ride out doors and run. I tried to stay as active as possible and I am always in need of advise.

Hello I have been reading about cycling in various places in the world , all the dangers and aggregation towards cyclists.I believe that it is a two way street,If we respect the law and don't disobey traffic laws, even if others do it is a start.
We as responsible cyclists must set examples to the younger generation and also motorists that we don't break traffic laws.There are good drivers and bad ones , same as cyclists, we only compound the problem if we don't care.
Start today and think of the big picture, thats what I have learned from 40 years of cycling and being hit badly 4 times.
In Perth West Australia , we have good weather most of the year, I think winter is the best time to ride here as there is not much wind and its not to hot.
We have a good 50km loop around the river , not many lights and go through some of the best areas always being able to see the river or ocean.
What is your area like please?

Chico, California, about 2 hours north of Sacramento in the Central Valley on the edge of the Sierra Nevadas.

I order and manage the new car inventory for an auto dealership, officiate high school football and basketball.
I enjoy climbing on my bike more than hammering out the flats.

I am from suburbia, Czech Republic, New Europe. I work in a small scale company producing the sterilization covers.
I like road bikes or rather I concentrate solely on them now. I would like to achieve some decent level during next months or years...
I ride Merida bike during the season which lasts some five months here unless you are hard core biker. I have done some practicing on my stationary bike Kettler Racer.
There is winter and I am getting frustrated cyclewise...

Hi!

I'm a technical writer from Christchurch, New Zealand.

I've been biking to work over the New Zealand summer, but I was losing the battle to keep my old bike from falling to pieces. I've just upgraded to a new bike and -filled with optimism and enthusiasm- I'm thinking about some longer rides.

Bye,
ScruffyChimp

Cyclerun said:
Hi, I'm Lili and I am from New Jersey. I am a new Certified Spinning Instructor. I also love to ride out doors and run. I tried to stay as active as possible and I am always in need of advise.

Cool........thanks to the spinning classes at the local gym I have ACTUALLY lost weight this winter and managed to keep the legs turning the cranks 4 times a week since December.

I`m looking forward to Spring and the start of the cycling season for sure. Hopefully the fitness gained on the spin bike will translate well to the road.

Hi. My name is Jim and I'm from Weatherford, Texas, a small town just west of Fort Worth. I'm getting back into riding at age 51 after not having ridden since grad school in the 70s. I started with a couple of hybrids (Jamis Citizen and Bianchi Boardwalk), and I now ride a Trek Pilot 5.2. I ride mostly for fun and fitness, but I am helping another teacher at my school start up a student riding group. I teach science and computer science at an independent private school in Fort Worth.

From: All over the world.....Originally from the USA, live abroad in many different countries.

New to cycling, except from my youth, I have a gorgeous Bianchi SL3 and a MTB (Ideal-Full suspension)
Really enjoy beating my records and getting stronger everyday. I recently lost 20 pounds in the last 3 months on a raw diet, but now that I am active again, I have begun to add in more protein and carbs. Look forward to doing my first century. Looking to learn lots from this forum and ladies forum at teamestrogen site.

From Vancouver Canada, I like touring and off-road cycling. Last year, I was lucky enough to spend the whole year travelling - most of the time with my bike. Favorite rides were the south-west of Ireland, the Great Ocean Road and the Tibetan Plateau. Currently just wheeling around the southern gulf islands of British Columbia.

I'm from Waterville, Maine. I am currently a nursing student, and I ride road almost every day, weather permitting!