Where are you from,what do you do?

Hello

I am a tradesman I have been a jorneyman millwright for over 20yrs now. I've been a cyclist for over 30yrs. In the early eighties I was tinkering with bicycle drive design. I found out about recumbent bicycles. Since then I built several homebuilt style machines. Recently I decided to take the hobby seriously. In 2003 I formed a new company called wazabike. At this time I make a recumbent bike called the Y-Frame.

hi everyone,my name is tony and i am from london,i work in a college,i cycle to and from work everyday,look forward to sharing information with other members.

hello,my name is Asa, and i,m from Albuquerque,N.M. USA. I own a used book store. I ride 6000 mi plus a year usually but had an operation on both legs last year and am trying to get started up again.

I'm from Sugar Grove, Illinois USA.
I usually ride in the basement in the mornings during the week and ride outside on the weekends.
I work for a large conglomerate as a truck fleet credit analyst during the week.
I'm looking to join a riding goup (17-20 MPH) as I'm training for my first century in June.

Asa68 said:
hello,my name is Asa, and i,m from Albuquerque,N.M. USA. I own a used book store. I ride 6000 mi plus a year usually but had an operation on both legs last year and am trying to get started up again.
Asa 28 years ago I was in an autmobile accident, shatered both of my leg's
I had no feeling in my legs for 1yr&ahalf. Within two yrs I got feeling back in my leg's in a nother yr. I was on my bicycle 7month's later I took off on a weekend
ride that took me all day to make 20mi. I got up the next morning & did 20 more
in the same direction, what was supose to be a weekend trip turned into a year long trip from springfield mo to vera cruse mexico. By the time I got through
arkansas to texas I was doing 100 to 125 a day. That trip saved my life I doubt
if I do 6000 mi a year now but I know what has kept me on my feet. I will be doing the Natchez Trace in june 444.mi & wind up in austin for the ride for the
rose's. DONT GIVE UP faith & determination will get you down the road alot
further than doing nothing at all......
I will be 50 in may & I plan on LIVING to the verry last day of my life I hope you do to.

Hi,

I am from Australia and i am trying to get back on my bike after a very long break, (caught a bad dose of laziness) hope to be back doing the kms i did 10 years ago, some time in the next 10 years :)

Gary

hey im from charlotte, nc and i have have been riding mtn for about 3 years. i am a traceur, i play paintball, and i bike.

my occupation is a contract killer:cool:

Hello all Cinelli bike owners (present, past or soon to be). I recently purchased a Cinelli Pro Advantage, circa 1984 (or so I think). Can any one tell me more about this particular bike? I live here in the southern part of Vermont where there is a very active biking community. Several of the more hard-core riders have suggested that the front forks on this bike may be bent backwards. However, from what I have been able to gleam from google, these early 80 Cinellis did have a peculiar "swept back" fork design. Is this possible?

I'm from, of all places, Akron, OH. I'm a lab analyst for the City, currently
working out of classification in material aquisition/dispersements authorization.
Have been riding recreationally for decades, and with increasing fuel costs & the
nightmare of public transit - the old bike is getting dusted off and the old body
back in shape to make the commute 5 days/wk. Anyone have any any tips on
type 11 diabetes dieting and 20+ miles/day commute cycling? Burn them carbs!:cool:

I'm Christine and I live in Northeast Wisconsin. I am 36 and work at a car dealership. I just recently became active with mtbing through bf who has been racing for 3 years.

Guest said:
:) Im from queenland australia and i cycle for fun and also competitively with a club. im now doing 35k each morning for practice.what do you guys do for practice? 8)

Hi - I'm Paul from nr Southampton.

I'm into some road racing and some longer distance (300K+) stuff.

One thing I would be intersted in is if any Forum Dudes have had any problems with Orbit Cycle frames/gear & chainsets?

PD:eek:

Hi. I'm Tom from Hesperia, Ca. I ride road and MTB bikes, though its been mostly road lately as its my newest bike and I love it.

From: San Diego California USA. Own: Santa Cruz Roadster; (Road) and VP-Free; (Dirt) riding. :D

Hi my name is Saad I am also living in Jordan - do you like cycling ??!!!

nawabij said:
I am aPalestinian retired dr living in Jordan. I do part time work ,browse the net ,read and listen to music.

Dingley Village, Melbourne, Australia. Interest is primarily in commuting, I do about 60kms a day five days a week.

Not really interested in racing, more interested in touring. Would love to do one of those nutty six month bike tours one day.

I am from Eureka California. Its really beautiful here in the heart and home of the redwood country. We have the worlds largest trees and some of the best scenic riding in the world. After going to Kauai, one of the most beautiful places on earth, I really respect where I'm from even more. I am an optician at an optical shop here. I do all the basics of making, grinding, fitting, and problem solving of any type of glasses (boring I know) But it pays the bills and gets me by for now. I just got married 1 month ago and love it. Anybody in the area, pm me and we'll go ride

I live in Geneva, Florida, about a half hour north of Orlando. I ride a Specialized Roubaix Comp and ride mostly in the country roads around here and at Canaveral Seashore where NASA flings iron into space when it does not blow up on the way. My girlfriend also rides a Specialized road bike (an Allez) but is looking for a Dolce. Anybody looking for casual rides in the Orlando area is encouraged to post a reply. I work to keep up to 16-18 speeds but can up the pace to around 20 if somebody will pull me for a few rides to get my cadence up. I just added a cadence computer and find it makes me work a lot harder. At 55 I am looking for a good strong rider but do not need a 30 year old maniac partner.

If you want to try a ride in the Geneva area, I have a nice 16-32 mile loop down to Christmas and back. Rides at Canaveral Seashore include rides in New Smyrna Beach, its the same driving time from here.

I refuse to put little smiley faces on any of my messages.

Greetings fellow cycleheads,
I live in the twin cities area and cycle to maintain(and hopefully improve) my cardiovascular fitness. I am looking for information on how to improve my average speed. I realize that this is not "THE" measure to compare however It is a way of measuring improvement. I currently ride a 25 mile loop and my computer says I average 18-20 mph. The terraine is slightly to moderately hilly and I am consider myself to be a "strong" recreational cyclist. I would like to be strong enough to average 20-21 mph consistantly. My bike is an entry level roadbike and I feel it should be adequate for this goal; as we all know its not the bike as much as it is the cyclist.I ride as much as I can while holding a job and a family with 3 children. I usually bike 3-5 times a week for about 1 1/2 hours. Any suggestions??

Hello! I live in Toronto Canada in a cycle friendly downtown neighbourhood. I am trying to help this bicycle club with menu planning for a bike rally this summer and the question is, for a group of 200 cyclists of various abilities and appetites, what would constitute a good bagged lunch to satisfy most riders? Something that would survive the summer heat and sun... ie. something that is not too quick to spoil without refrigeration! Ride durations are estimated to be 5-6 hours with 1 hour lunch, distances between 50-120++km. Some people like to carry things in a rack, others will likely be trying to tie it to their handlebars... don't think most will have cooler type bags to store their lunches in. Any ideas? Suggestions? ... :)