Where are you from,what do you do?

HI
My name is Rocky and I run an ebay shop for a cycling company. You should check it out. I have only been doing it about a month but really like it, I don't really know much about cycling but would love to take it up and learn a bit mroe about the sport.
talk soon

Hi

My name is José Ferreira I’m from Cascais Portugal. I’m system engineer and i love to ride my bike, I’m a member of the Fura-Trilhos http://www.furatrilhos.com (my nick name is Fura-Sempre) a MTB group, and we ride every week ends across the country normally in SIntra.

hi everyone, i'm andrew from ledyard, ct. i'm a high school sophomore and i'm just getting into cycling.

Hi Will,
I can empathize with your wanting to find a safe place to ride...especially when that bus driver from hell seems to have a lot of friends in cars. I think many of them migrated to NY because they know that's modus operandi here:(
I went and got a rear-view mirror (little bigger than a dentist's mirror) that attaches to my helmet, but I am also choosing the time of day and where I ride more carefully, having been almost driven off the road. Perhaps there are some back lanes to explore. I'd also check with some of the clubs and see what kind of rides/ suggestions they could offer. I did some websearches and found there's a pretty big bike riding community out there. I've also checked out Amazon since I started riding again, and found they have many different books on nice locations/trails/roads/abandoned raillines to ride. Hope this helps.
Best regards,
Fenhongjiatu

I'm from Ashland, Oregon and I teach chemistry and physics at a local high school. The last new road bike I bought was in 1979 and, as I have recently come into a little money, I decided it was time to shop for another. I'm looking for information on hybrid bikes as I know next to nothing about them.

Hi! I live in the Southeast U.S. I came to this site seeking information on the use of red rice yeast. I have had serious complications with prescription statins and this alternative has been mentioned as a possibility, but it seems risky also.

Nice to meet y'all.

S. Miller said:
Hi! I live in the Southeast U.S. I came to this site seeking information on the use of red rice yeast. I have had serious complications with prescription statins and this alternative has been mentioned as a possibility, but it seems risky also.

Nice to meet y'all.
I think I've already messed up! When I found this site, the thread was about cholesterol and statins! Now I've landed in the middle of a bunch of bikes.... sorry, y'all!

Ahem...could someone point me to the meds threads?

Recently moved from an eastern state to Perth and thoroughly enjoying the river/beach rides.....mmmm.....:D

Working as a physiotherapist during the day and evening and unfortunately a suffering student at night; bike somewhere before all that...:eek:

To reply to the topic and a little intro for myself.
I am from Taipei, Taiwan, where most of your computer components come from :)
I am a very amateur cyclist who has been riding on the road for 3 years on a mtb. Recently switched to a road bike that I built myself, Tank RR aluminum frame, 05 Ultegra groupset and Kysrium Elite wheels. My day job as a programmer ate into my health and cycling has done a great deal to counter balance that effect, but I hope to be more fit and healthy by cycling more.

S. Miller said:
I think I've already messed up! When I found this site, the thread was about cholesterol and statins! Now I've landed in the middle of a bunch of bikes.... sorry, y'all!

Ahem...could someone point me to the meds threads?

Found it! (see Supplements thread)
Thanks!

[hello tyrail...i practice spinning every day..also i lift weights for a challenge..i think that exercises are better for every bodyQUOTE=Tyrail]Hi I'm from spain, I just cycle for fun :)[/QUOTE]

Hey everyone! I'm a cycling newb! I've begun riding and will be participating in a 15 mile ride here in my town on Oct. 1st. I'm getting my road bike next week for my 16th birthday. I've already begun riding 4 miles twice a week.

Hi all,

I've been cycling for about a year and a half on and off to try to get fit. Recently I've been getting back to commuting regularly by bike and that's helped a lot with "finding time" (ie not finding excuses). :eek:

I work in artificial intelligence research and enjoy biking, hiking and geocaching with my boyfriend Tim.

I was wondering if anyone had advice regarding finding a practical bike rack for the car. Are the on-roof ones hard to use? I don't think I'd trust one of the "removable" racks; it looks like I'll need to get a tow bar or a proper roof rack or something. I have a Hyundai Excel.

-- Sarah

Hi,

I'm an ex-bike racer. I used to live in New England (USA) and raced for about 5 years during High School and College. I could hold my own but I never won any races and when I started working after college I found it difficult to maintain a strict training schedule. I still ride for exercise, but I would like to get back into racing.
I used to race road bikes but I recently took up mountain biking because there are a lot of great trails where I live. I took my bike on vacation with me earlier this spring, and while I was planning my trip I came across a really cool service called "luggage forwarding". Initially I called the airline to research checking my bike, and I quickly realized that they have lots of fees for excess baggage. Also, I couldn't find an easy way to get my bike to and from the airport. Then a friend told me about a company called Luggage Forward. They basically provide a door to door shipping service for people who have excess or bulky luggage. They have prices that are cheaper than using FedEx or UPS and they hold your hand through the process. My bike was waiting for me when I arrived and I never had to lift a finger. I thought I would share my experience with you so that you'll have more options the next time you travel with your bike.

hi all..i cycle for a hobby (and of corse keeping fit) around the north Wales coast(uk) and just found this forum , and i can see there is loads of usefull stuff here so thanks for letting me in :)

I am a teacher in Sothern Alberta, Canada. I'm just rediscovering the love of cycling I had until the mid '90s.

From Atlanta GA, but living in the Columbia SC area. In the military out here at Shaw AFB doing weather forecasting. Looking to get into road cycling in the near future, shopping around for a quality entry level bike right now. . . Cannondale's R400 has my eyes on it.

Hello, i am a 35 yr. old mother of 2 boys. I am currently residing in Florida (ughh) and am longing to be in Oregon. I was very much into biking before i had my boys, any type of biking, especially MT. Biking. Over the past 4 months, i have started riding again, and am a full blown addict! I ride at least an hour 6 days a week, but once this heat lets up, i want to go longer. I ride my old Trek 800 mountain bike that i bought in 96!!! (told you it was old) but it gets me along just fine. I am hoping to get the Trek 5000 WSD very soon and plan on increasing my speed and mileage. I average 15 miles on my rides. My goal is to ride in the Elkhorn Classic by the time we get to Oregon, once i put in my time doing climbs. The closest i get to climbing here is riding into 20-30mph winds during a hurricane.