Where are you from,what do you do?

I'm from the flat middle part of Canada, a university grad who works in a field not even remotely related to the degree I attained, with a beautiful fiance (whom I have made a convert to mountain biking), and I ride xc (obviously).:cool:

Hi all,

I live in Venice, CA. 35-yr. old amateur cyclist, ride a Giant OCR-1, which I bought last summer after slogging away on a Trek800 for many years.

Tried to convince myself for years that I liked mountain biking, but finally gave in and realized that I'm a road fiend and prefer it much more. :rolleyes:

Always looking for a good ride partner! I average about 75 miles/week and ride early AM...

Cheers!

hi all,

i have been riding for around 18 months now. first i decided to ride to work as i was sick of the daily communting on the train. then i started to ride a bit on the weekends and now i am hooked.

today it is wet outside so i thought i would go online for some bike info and found these forums.

i am currently riding a specialized sirrus comp which is fantastic for round the city but it is time to get a road bike for the weekends.

i have done a fair few >100kms rides but am yet to crack a >200km ride. in melbourne we have an event called around the bay in a day which i will go in later this year. it attracts 1000s of bike riders from all walks of life and skill levels from all over australia. i would like to hear from anyone else who is going in it.

I am a 59 year old retiree from the US Patent Office living in Richmond, VA. My chief interest is competitive bridge, but I have a strong second interest in fitness and enjoy reading widely.

I am just about finished the 10k training course in The Beginning Runner's Handbook by Ian Macneill & The Sport Medicine Council of British Columbia.

Now I would like to find a similar approach to cycling for 40K or so. (When all finished, I hope to do standard length triathlons.) Anyone know of anything like this?

Hi, I'm from NYC. I'm a bicycle commuter and have done some light touring. Am going at the end of this month to the "Petit Train Du Nord" ride in Quebec w/my husband, really looking forward! I'm a neurologist.

I'm Bill from Bolton in the UK. Been grinding the gears for over twenty years now. Done BMX when I was a kiddie, mountain biking in my late teens-early twenties, road racing/touring in early-mid twenties and now at twenty nine years old, I'm stuck with a friggin' hybrid! Use it for rides with the missus and two year old daughter/brat. There you go.

My name is Mike and I am from Alameda (Bay Area), California. I am currently a student and a writer/journalist. :)

1st post.

I am from Austin, Texas and I work as a network engineer for the state government.

I have one complete bike, a 66cm Cannondale CAAD3 with Ultregra 6500 all around, and one frame I am working on building up, a Rivendell Rambouillet 68cm.

My name is Anthony. I was born in the US, and I have lived in the Cayman Islands since I was 12.

I was a competitive roadie during my mid to late teens. Went to the Commonwealth, Central American / Caribbean and Carifta Games in '86 for the Team Time Trial and Road Race. Still occasionally dally with the odd TT or group ride. Mostly in it for fitness and fun now. Cycling has molded my life and given me so much.

I have a small electrical contracting business and enjoy all the challenges of being self employed. Living on an income-tax free island is not so bad either. ... ;)

I'm from Carrum, in Melbourne. Try to get about 250km in a week, but usually fall pathetically short! im a draftsman and firefighter.

I am from Florida, lots of sunshine, and I am a trucker, I ride for fun, trying to start a club, I ride a Masi that I bought for $25, excellent bike, and i have about 50-60 Schwinn's of many types :cool:

Hello everybody, I'm a 25 year old search engine guru from new york city. Competitive mountain biker for the past 12 years just getting the road biking bug. I am going to get into competive club riding immediately. See you all around the forums.

I'm from Morgantown, WV, USA. I started our cycling club in high school but now that I'm in college and working I have far less time to ride :mad:

Hey all..
I'm from Philadelphia! Just bought my first road bike last month and am really exciting about going from being an avid watcher to an avid participator!! I am a teacher in the city so once the school year starts i can ride to work :)

wondergurl said:
Hey all..
I'm from Philadelphia! Just bought my first road bike last month and am really exciting about going from being an avid watcher to an avid participator!! I am a teacher in the city so once the school year starts i can ride to work :)
Lots of great places to ride in and around Philadelphia! Enjoy! :)

I'll most likely be moving there in December. :cool:

My name is Mike......I am from Pittsburgh. I love biking except almost getting killed twice this year by a car while riding on the road! I train for sprint tri's & du's......I am a CAD/Architect.

My name is Darwin, and I live in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, USA. I rode a lot as a teen in the Tacoma Washington area, and took up riding to lose weight a couple of years ago in California, and now I am finally getting on the bike a little bit here in Pennsylvania over the past couple of months after being locked inside over the winter.

My biggest hurdles so far (aside from the weather I mentioned) is that I used to be able to take a ride that was about as flat as a track for 20 miles or so, now I am getting used to hills (the small ones), which is actually beginning to make me feel a little more like a cyclist.

I work as a Systems Analyst.

I'm from Rockhampton Queensland. Real cycle mania heaven. Just trying to get back into it after taking a break over the last few months. Difficult to wake up early in the mornings for training rides.

I'm Alex. I'm in Raleigh, North Carolina. I am a Network Engineer and student. I ride to get around to campus and for weekend trail rides.

Hey, I'm Gary from Livingston in Scotland. Been riding my Specialized Rockhopper for 6 years now and only wish I'd discovered mtb years earlier. Looking to go full suss in 2005, but I reckon a road bike might not be too far away either!

As I'm sure most of us with families and full-time jobs will identify with, my biggest problem is simply not getting out and riding enough!