Where are you from,what do you do?

The names pete been riding for years but just got a new job 10 miles from home so started riding to work, feels great getting that leg burn again.

:) :)

I am from all over the United States. Right now I am living in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan. I do law enforcement/homeland security in the United States Coast Guard.

I am from Michigan originally, and have lived in Michigan, Ohio, Mississippi, Virginia, California, and Alaska (three seperate times).

central coast of california.
baseball researcher by profession.
just buying a bike after 20 years of not riding. bianchi kingbee.

Stinkypete said:
The names pete been riding for years but just got a new job 10 miles from home so started riding to work, feels great getting that leg burn again.

:) :)

Ooops I come from Swindon in england too many roundabouts cyclists nightmare effiing car drivers

Stinkypete said:
Ooops I come from Swindon in england too many roundabouts cyclists nightmare effiing car drivers
Sounds a bit like Ireland. I haven't been there since I was a kid but when I was 2 Priests smacked our car off a cliff. It's amazing we lived! God was watching our backs that day. I guess the priests had done too many masses that day. Too much from the cup.

Hey, I am just getting back into cycling after about a two year hiatus. I rode occasionally over that time, but not how much I used to do. I am now making a commitment to really get back on the bikes. I have three bikes, an old GT RTS-2 mountain bike, a really old Univega Alpina, and my love, my Trek 470. I know, I know, not much of a frame weight wise, but I love the rigidity and I don't really care too much about weight, I have changed out all of the parts to it so it isn't exactly a piece of ****. Maybe I will get a Lightspeed if I ride enough to justify it. Ha. Oh and I am now riding 4 days a week, every day I don't work. I hope this site can help me with some questions I have now...

:) Hello!

My name is Tara and I am a US Citizen (Baton Rouge, LA to be exact) currently living in Ras Tanura, Saudi Arabia where my husband is working for the next 5 or so years. I'm 33 and got interested in cycling back in high school watching Dave Scott on TV ride in triathalons. Bought my first real bike then...a Centurion and only rode it a few months before getting it stolen. Switched to Trek MTB for trans. during college. Now, after a 10 year gap Lance has helped me to rediscover cycling.

Just bought a TREK 7700 Hybrid and I really love it. Still breaking it in sort of, but it is extremely smooth and very very fast!! We live in a very large secured compound that is great for riding in. I'm doing spinning classes mostly right now b/c of the heat (106 F and 80% humidity), but I can't wait until the fall to really do some ridin'. It actually does cool off here in the desert in the winter months.

That's all for now!

Well Hello everyone,
I'm from central Texas, and right now I'm learning how to take care of myself again an enjoy life. And let me say thank you for having me in your
cycling community. Sorry I was so slow in replying but couldn't figure out how to do it right away. lol.lol.:)

I'm 42 years old, married 18 years, and I'm a professional counselor. I ride road bikes, play guitar with my band, teach guitar, play on my computer, and go to the movies with my wife for entertainment and relaxation. We live in Louisiana. I was born and raised here.

Hillrat said:
I am from Toronto, Ontario. I have been a bicycle mechanic for eight years and I currently work for www.idealbike.com
Hello! Hillrat,
Thanks for writing to me but I don't understand all of this. Can you help me out some ? What is this thread ? Is this place like a chat room ? I came on this suit to look for a bike or a part to a bike I need . But if I meet some pretty cool people along the way that is great too.
You don't happen to have any parts to bikes laying around do you?lol.lol.
I need a fork to a fuji ace 2001 58cm or 61cm . or the whole bike Oh it is the back fork I ment to say..
So what do you do at Idealbikes just sell bikes or work on them tell me about yourself and what you like to do and where all you ride ...
Roxanne

Hi I am from Brampton, Ontario, Canada....The great white north...

I am an Operations Manager during the day and the President of Fletchers Meadow Cross Trainers....

GrouPride

I live in perth, Western Australia. I am a computer programmer, and I collect puzzles.

I ride for fun and exercise, I've been cycling with a Moutain bike for 2 years.. Looking at getting a road bike and upping the game...

I live in Arkansas, and am an ironworker. I have a road bike that I bought in a pawn shop for about $15.00 US, and took to a friend of mine that works in bike shop and had it rebuilt. Since Idon't ride competively, I reckon it will do for awhile.

I am having a hard time with my motivation, because as an ironworker, I am outside for 8-10 hours a day doing very strenuous work, in high hat and humidity.

Scoty

I am from Tampa Bay, Florida. Im a freshman in college and dont ride too much yet, but I have a growing interest in the sport. I dont know much either but hope to learn more soon.

Hi, everyone.
I'm relatively new to cycling and this forum.
I actually just bought my Trek 1500 today :D so i'm hoping to have lots of fun in the very near future (as soon as the rain subsides).
I'm a rising college sophmore and live/study/bike in DC.

Cheers,
Jeff

Gidday Hamish from Christchurch, New Zealand. Started riding in a touring club at 13 and was racing a year later. Won a few regional titles but at 21 knee problems ended the racing. Started coaching and worked with some top riders before taking a break from the sport. Back again riding my MTB and road bike for fun and coaching some u15 riders.

Hey all new to site!
Noticed up above new to site said something about being american and a a woman no your not I am here! :)
Hi all new to posting here!
I am 33yr f been out of the thrill of cycling for a while due to injury, and surgery that went wrong but I am back! Ahhhhh it feels so good!
Before all my issues I did triathons U know the run bike swimm use to love it! But now no more running for me! I shattered my L foot 37 places. I ran off a curb while preg. and bam! And surgery just made the situation worse. But I have been back on a bike the one thing I can still do for 5 months now increasing my endurance, and packing on the miles. I hope to try 56k in 2 months time.
Let's see 33 yr f already said that. Rn in school for my masters. Work only 2 16 hr shifts back to back. I am focusing on my training so I cut back on the working. I Have a wonderful little boy who is 6. Lance is his hero his idol, rather funny I think he is racing around already wants to be just like Lance! LMAO!!! But he is also driving mommy more though!
Oh I ride a trek madone, ahhh so sweet smooth...a bit of a cat....love my trek feel like I lost something when when I have to get off him..

I am from Durban, South Africa. I have just started cycling recently and have just completed a 69km race. I intend doing the Argus next year.

My husband and I own a computer business/internet cafe in Amanzimtoti.