Where are you from,what do you do?

Vo2 said:
Did my first Argus this year - 3hrs 50. As you know, starting in the Open class right at the back of the field does'nt help. There was no bunch to sit in, and I rode all the way on my own. The back-end cyclists were all over the place!
My seeding grade is 31 at the moment, so next year I should have a nice seeded position. I'm aiming for between 3hrs15 and 3hrs30.
I'm also doing the Amashovashova this weekend.
When is the Amashovashova?

lesj1 from new jersey construction general superintendent. Ride 1st generation Ultimate C-Record.

Hi, I'm in Perth, Australia. I ride a bit, not as much as I'd like, & am looking for information on bicycle couriering in Perth. I haven't done it before but wondered if anyone can help. Cheers

Yoe said:
Hi, I'm in Perth, Australia. I ride a bit, not as much as I'd like, & am looking for information on bicycle couriering in Perth. I haven't done it before but wondered if anyone can help. Cheers
I was a bike courier in Peth back in 1984 for a while. Didn't make big money, but had fun. Give it a try, it can't hurt you.....oh, yeh, that's right, it can. Traffic in Perth is easy to handle. If you get bored, come on over here to Malaysia and ride in Kuala Lumpur traffic.

I lived in KL when i was a kid so i think i'd give riding there a miss.

EoinC said:
I was a bike courier in Peth back in 1984 for a while. Didn't make big money, but had fun. Give it a try, it can't hurt you.....oh, yeh, that's right, it can. Traffic in Perth is easy to handle. If you get bored, come on over here to Malaysia and ride in Kuala Lumpur traffic.

Hi all ,
My first reply- I live in India and work in Doha Qatar.
I Entered into the Cape Argus Pick & Pay cycle tour 109 kms in March 05 riding a Giant "Half Way" folding cycle. I have already clocked over 2000 kms on this little gem I had to be the only one of the 28,000 entrants riding a flolding cycle but I did it. Took quite a while but 6hrs 19 mins half of which was into a 45 knot head wind was not bad on a folding bike.(age group 61-65)

I intend to enter the 2006 race but this time with a conventional cycle. I would recommend the Cape Argus tour to anyone who enjoys beautiful scenery, and great day out and splendid organisation, it is 109 kms on some of CapeTowns most beautiful roads, never to be forgotten.
I am now looking for a light, easy to carry cycle that I can practice on in Qatar and carry with me to Cape Town next March.
Jeff.

Yoe said:
I lived in KL when i was a kid so i think i'd give riding there a miss.
I'm now over in Sarawak, but I had 2 years of riding my track bike around KL - Good, Lah!

Hi everbody,

My name is Norm Rognalsen and I live in Greenwich ct. I am 63 years old and have been a fitness/recreational/occasional racing bicyclist for about 35 years. I recently purchased a Cannondale R700 double(compact crank) and ride about 100 miles a week March through October. In the cold weather I stick to my exercise bike.

I am an early morning rider (6-8am) for the most part in order to avoid traffic. I ride alone during the week and with a group from a local bicycle shop(Greenwich bicycles) on weekends. I usually go for 20 to 30 mile rides at about 16 to 18 mph pace.

I am a cancer survivor and have enjoyed riding as a part of my recovery. I do get concerned about safety issues with cycling but try to stay convinced that the benefits outweigh the risks.

Norm

I am from the UK spent 21 years in New Zealand now live in India and work in Doha Qatar in the oil industry.

hello all
my handle: "Kaikane", is Hawaiian. It means "man of the sea". In addition to recently returning to the joys of the bike, I'm an avid surfer.
I'm 45 and live on the Oregon Coast of the US.
Right now I'm riding my 15 year old Univega Alpina Uno. Kinda' of a cross between a road and mountain bike that I used to commute with before moving into the woods. Took it in for a service at the bike shop last month and I must admit to being proud when the guy there told me that the bike was in great shape. I'm not much of a mechanic but I do know how to keep my bike clean.
I'm riding about 20-50 miles a week weather permitting (NOT fond of riding in the rain) and hope to increase that little by little.

Hello everyone. My name is Robert and I live in Belize. I am 33 years old and have always enjoyed riding. I work in the tourism industry and have been offf the bioke for about 5 years. I just got myself a bike and have started to ride again. I've lost ten pounds so far in just 1 month! I feel better and this time I plan to stick with it.

Hello, my name is Alejo, I live in near Philadelphia (PA), and I have been an on - off recreational cyclist for ... ever. I started to ride again HARD for recreational standards in a hybrid boike. My goal is to substain 20 miles an hour for 20 miles - my usual trip 3 times a week - back and forth (total 40) before I jump in a road bike.

During the week I do short hill sessions just to ******** my metabolism and loose some weight.:D

Hi,

I'm 23 French who used to live in Lyon (France) (a very nice place to ride by the way).

I have been in the UK for 5 months and a half now, and still have one month and a half to stay there.

I used to race in France before I had to move to the UK, and I hope to be able to recover my pace to take part in the end of season races.

Hope becoming a member of this forum will be a good means to improve my English while sharing with you my passion.

Hi everyone:
I'm from Pennsylvania. I'm 31, and new to cycling, although my husband's been involved in cycling for years. I thought I'd take up the sport so that we shared a common interest together, (and to keep an eye on him, ha, ha). My occupation is assistant bookeeper. My road bike is a Felt F25 with full campy chorus/record mix, and campy neutron wheels. My mountain bike is a Giant XTC2 with XTR/XT mix.

Later:
Feltgirl

Hey all, my name is Chris, I live in Ft. Collins, CO, USA. My wife and I are situated about 22 km North of the main city in a small farming community. I work at a brewery and commute regularly to work (about 44 km roundtrip, depending on the route). My commuter is a '96 Fuji Team true temper that I've customized to be more comfortable-- I'll post pics sometime later. I also own a '96 Mongoose IBOC mtn. bike that needs some TLC. I grew up in UT, USA and rode the Moab area several times, and also the shoreline trail in SLC many, many times. Been biking in some form or other since I was 12, but not seriously until age 26-- I'm 32 now. I'm excited to join the forum and meet many of you, Cheers!

nrognals vbmenu_register("postmenu_2055872", true);
I'm 57 and work and ride in Europe, mostley in Germany. I'm afarid I couldn't keep to your pace. However, I do love getting out there and mixing it up on the bike trails. Please visit us at www.bentmiles.com and read of some of our trips. We try to post a new ride each month.
lloyd
[email protected]