Where are you from,what do you do?

I like to balance work and play. I ride my mountain bike almost everyday in and around the terrain of Moab, UT USA. a small town with mucho trails.

I am racing my first time in October in 2 events; uphill climb,cross-country. ( W's 50-55 group.) I'm riding early AM everyday now...pushin' it hard!!
It feels so good to be in shape regardless if I win a medal or not.

Hey, the full moon riding will be happening this weekend too..If you are ever in Moab, let's ride!

bikedancer

Hello, I am from Liverpool, NY. I am a professional driver with a delivery company. I just bought an old Cannondale road bike from a friend and I'm looking to start cycling. :eek:

I'm new to the GA area from MI lived in Co past 19 years now in Americus GA. Computer geek..admin..networks..I was addicted to Mountain biking now do most on road.

Hidden1229 said:
Hello, I am from Liverpool, NY. I am a professional driver with a delivery company. I just bought an old Cannondale road bike from a friend and I'm looking to start cycling. :eek:
Get yourself a helmet and hit the road. Cycling is so addictive that once you start you won't be able to go one day without it! Happy trails!:)

I am from Bristol England,

I am retired from Areospace industry.I was a computer machinist and setter.:)
my chief interest is cycling in the West of England.
Up until recently I have been using a conventional Hybrid bicycle but my wife has to have an electrically assisted bike. I use both types.

Loooong story! Born in Kenya, where I used to cycle to school thru my teens. Some of those hills we used to get up to 45 mph; amazing! Some kid from the UK turned up one day with a Raleigh chopper, it ended up in the river, poor handling on the dirt roads & down the crazy hills.

Now 49, got back into cycling last year after a 25 yr break. Live in Wakefield, W. Yorks, UK. Did the Wetherby to Filey Charity Bike ride in June. It was a superb day & I made 450 pounds sterling for Charity.

Like eveyone else on here I work in IT. I am an IITT qualified trainer and project Manager for a large govt organisation.

Bwana Mzee

Hi, my name is Bill, and I have just moved to Washington state near Seattle after having lived a few years in the New Orleans Louisiana area. I am a lover of bicycling and bicycles of all makes and designs! I currently ride a CLWB recumbent bike made by Cycle Genius called the STX Sport, year model 2004. As a former owner of a year 2000 Litespeed Pisgah mountain bike and a 2002 Vision R-44 SWB recumbent, I would have to say that my less than $700.00 CG STX Sport is the most comfortable and sweetest bike I have ever owned or ridden! Thank you so much, and ride on!:)

Name is Joe, I ride fast recreational/ racing (roadie). I ride a late '80s Tommasini Competizione complete with crome-moly forks. I have raced on it many times, even when it had down tube friction shifting, but it now has 8-speed ergo levers. Other bike is an '89 Specialized Hard Rock- back when mountain bikes were big BMX bikes with gears, nothing fancy. It is my main commuter.

I ride to work when I can, but not much since I have moved and it is less commuter friendly. When I find a solution for that, I will let you know. I love commuting- it keeps miles in the legs and saves a ton of gas.

Have a good one,

Joe

hi all, I am from South africa and love MTB, training every day min 1hr, not sure how many mtbs are out there, let me know, we have some hectic rides for those adrenalin seekers, for XC ,heavy technical and downhill. if u want to se some pics let me know.

:D

Bike: Trek 7300
I "do:" Retired - now "accomplishing" "That Never-Ending List!"

USDR_Cyclist:cool:

:D I'm from the Philippines, I like to ride my bike, I just started riding so I'll be taking advices from you guys.

:) hi

im 21yrs yng n i live in bombay
i love cycling its been my passion 4 the
last 15 yrs
i go 3 a spin alimost everyday
if nyone knows a coachin institute
nearby pls do let me know...
thanks

Hi everyone, I'm Tony from Bilsthorpe in Nottinghamshire (used to live in Southend-on-Sea). I'm a 33 year old train driver.

I'm just taking up cycling properly for the first time. It's something I've always liked but never got serious about. Looking to join a club in the very near future and meet some new people after moving to a new area. Then when I get fit again I will take part in some road events, whether that will be time-trialling or racing I don't know yet. Anything to satisfy my competitive nature;) .

Currently training on an old bike hooked up to an i-magic in my garage while I take the time to choose a decent new bike that won't break the bank. Any recommendations?

Cycled from Granada to Seville over the Sierra Nevada mountains in 2001. It was a 4 day thing in aid of a children's cancer charity and totally enjoyed it.

From Melbourne, accountant, 2 kids, missus etc, find it hard to find to much time to train, although when its cold & dark outside I have a choice, go and do an hour on the mountain bike or sit and watch TV with the wife, needless to say the mountain bike wins most times unless the missus will let me watch the football!

jake.1972 said:
From Melbourne, accountant, 2 kids, missus etc, find it hard to find to much time to train, although when its cold & dark outside I have a choice, go and do an hour on the mountain bike or sit and watch TV with the wife, needless to say the mountain bike wins most times unless the missus will let me watch the football!
Hi there, the_rex here from SA, yeah I know what you mean not the easist to balance family and cycling,"encourage" keep at it, for me it helps keep me calm
The_rex
PS U have see the riding we have here in SA, its awsome, if u want some pics let me know.

My name is Nick, and I am from Indianapolis, IN. I am teacher of Physical Education on the southside of the city. I am very interested in finding a good group of local riders to train with. Let me know if you are from the southside of Indy and ready to ride! Thanks.

Nick

Hello, My name is Bruce, and from my user name, you can tell that I am from SC (Home of the Assault on Mt. Mitchell). I am a detailer in two different ways, first off I am a CAD detailer for a large precast concrete company, and seondly I am an automotive detailer owning my own mobile detailing business for the past two years. I love to cycle for fitness and just to see how far I can push myself. I have been cycling for about 5 years now, and have enjoyed every minute of it.

I am from Montreal, quebec, Canada. Have done 4,500 km so far this year. Have only done 1 Time Trial for 40 km and did it in 1 H. 07 M. Course I am 69 years old, you can expect me to beat Amrstrong, do you.....