Where are you from,what do you do?

My name is John. I am from Charlotte, NC. I am a full-time police officer. I also run a nutrition business on the side selling nutritional supplements. I ride a Raleigh R-700 decked out roadbike and a Raleigh M-1000 trailbike decked out. I have for the last couple of years spent the majority of my time on the road which has led to boredom for me. So, I bought me a trailbike to switch things up a little. Most of my friends ride both so I figured I would to. Great to be aboard here. CP.

Hello. I am from central florida. I got myself an environmental engineering degree a couple of years ago. I have been working for a consulting firm remediating petroleum contaminated sites. It isn't really what I envisioned.
Well, i just purchased a frameset. I got an Eddy Merckx Leader MX. Steel. I tring to decide whether I'll set it up as a fixed or geared. I'm leaning fixed. I've got a pretty nice mountain bike. Gunnar Rockhound frame. Mavic 618 UST/Chris King ISO disc wheelset. Raceface LP crankset. Vicous rigid fork. Avid Juicy Disc brakes. Thompson seat post and stem. It just sucks for a the daily road ride. Maybe someone can suggest a wheel setup for the geared and fixed option.

Hi I'm from S.W. Florida. U.S. Semi retired,water sking. and road biking are the two sports I have loved in my life.

electrician
the older i get the faster i was.
looking for old san marco regal saddle
must be white leather w/ ti rails
will pay premium

Space France Colorado. Generally I just bum around, jobs aren't my bag. I have a bike because I think that paying for parking is rediculous, and because driving a car in the city is also rediculous.

Hi, The prompt won't seem to go away until I "introduce" myself. I am a former* triathlete age grouper who rediscovered cycling via mountain biking this past summer when my sister and her dead-serious biking husband stayed with my family on a trip up from Florida.

I live in NW Ohio, am 50, and decided on the MTB as a way to get back into shape as it requires less riding.

* I was plagued by injuries and just quit altogether. I still harbor some vague hopes of getting back into it. But even if I don 't, it was fun while it lasted :D

Anyway, I just bought a dual suspension bike and am having a ball. I was getting tired of "borrowing" my daughter's :eek:

Seems like a great forum and I'm glad I found it.

Regards, Steve

hi I am from new haven. 47 years old. trial lawyer..ride 5-6 times per week,usually shooting for 30miles..often settle for 25 or so because of time..

ride a Litespeed classic and a Cannondale silk road

Guest said:
How about all you new members tell us about yourselves ;D
my name is jennifer. im from brooklyn and im kinda in the mortgage business. I wwork out for fun and love music:rolleyes:

my name is mike.im 23. in the army..combat medic. deployed to baghdad..i ride out here on my trainer about 25 miles a day

armoredheart said:
my name is mike.im 23. in the army..combat medic. deployed to baghdad..i ride out here on my trainer about 25 miles a day
Hey Armoredheart. God Speed and come home soon!

We're all pulling for you.

Regards, Steve, Sylvania, Ohio :p

armoredheart said:
Best of luck to all of you stationed oversea's.
I am ex-military and I know how it feels to be away
from home.
Where are you from state-side?
God bless and get home safe and soon.

:cool:

Intense1 said:
Best of luck to all of you stationed oversea's.
I am ex-military and I know how it feels to be away
from home.
Where are you from state-side?
God bless and get home safe and soon.

:cool:
im in the 3d infantry division in georgia. at ft stewart.

Hi, my name is Hans... I live in Yonkers, NY... Westchester county... I've been riding about a year now & I have 5000 miles under my chamois.
Ride mostly around southern & central westchester and a little of the Bronx... I sometimes stray into Northern westchester and Connecticut also... mostly 20 - 40 miles a day, 6 days a week.

Young man, you have have my respect and I honor you and all of our military forces in the Middle East. I was a 91B20, combat medic, back in 1979. Now I have a fruitful professional medical career thanks to the Lord Most High: Jesus Christ. In my opinion, our training as a combat medic in the US Army is top notch, and when I finally applied to Physican Assistant school at UND, the military training was what impressed my professors the most, not my various "elite" nursing certifications, etc., consequently gaining my acceptance to the program. As an avid cyclist, I still have the first top-dog bike for its time: Gios Torino, all campy, etc., which I purchased while stationed at Fitzsimmons AMC, at Big Wheel LTD, from a nice Dutch man. When the rot hits hard, and you feel as if all hope is gone, you are a hero, in the most intense wartime theater, with a sneaky and cowardly enemy, my prayers are with you. Excel, one aid bag in one arm and a 45 pistol on the other, ready to accomplish the mission in a job well done! May the Lord bless you and keep you and your company safe! Don Quijote.
armoredheart said:

Guest said:
:) Im from queenland australia and i cycle for fun and also competitively with a club. im now doing 35k each morning for practice.what do you guys do for practice? 8)
More than me... lol!

I am working up to 15k per day!

Guest said:
:) Im from queenland australia and i cycle for fun and also competitively with a club. im now doing 35k each morning for practice.what do you guys do for practice? 8)
I am from Norfolk, Nebraska, USA. I am a criminal investigator for theSheriff's Department here.

I ride a Giant TCR and a Giant VT2. Due to lack of available off-road areas I ride more road than MTB.

I also promote bi-weekly time trials for riders in our area.

Well I live in France (i'm originally from India), near the Alps, in Grenoble if some of you know that city. I have only recently started to cycle, so no mountains for me yet:D . I found this site while looking for some training schedules, and find it very interesting to compare french and american experiences. And i'm currently studying political science in Lyon.