Where are you from,what do you do?

Hi,

I'm from Australia, but live in Asia, the past 2 1/2 years in Taiwan. I'm a photographer, and ride a recently purchased Giant Yukon.

Hey there,

My name is Mauro, I am from Toronto Canada, 30yrs old. I just got into cycling seriously this year, I have owned bikes for much longer by I was lucky to ride 1-2 times a month. This year I am on a steady pace of at least 250-300km of riding per week, mostly on the road bikes. I am a network administrator for a Cement company.

Hey everybody,
Dave here, 31, I'm a road rider (& aspiring racer) in San Francisco. I started up riding a few years ago but have never gotten serious until recently. Currently riding around 125mi/week on a Lemond buenos aires. I love running as well and have done a handful of marathons. I have a day job but lately all I do is dream about being out on the roads.

Glad to be here :>

-dp

Hi Cycling Community :)

I'm from Coeur d'Alene, Idaho and am looking forward to cycling the Pacific Northwest. I'm considering purchasing a Windsor Trent road bike. Is anyone familiar with this bike? Thanks for your responses.

Hi,

I am from Central Kansas USA.

I work for the local Government.

Great to be here!!

Anybody reading this from the New Haven Conn area?

looking for riding partners..

road and avg around 17mph

thanks

hello everyone.

I'm new!! :) and a ahem.....mountain biker

Just been reading through a load of threads in the training section. Some good stuff.

Training for a race in 3 weeks.

Hope I'm ok joining not being a roadie. I do alot of road miles :)

I live in Atlanta, GA, work with the United Methodist Church and am just getting into the sport... haven't even bought equipment, yet. Doing my research by reading this and other forums on the internet.

I am from the Salt Lake City, UT area. I am in the car business. I decided about 3 months ago that in addition to my annual St. George Utah Marathon, I was going to do a Triathlon. I signed up for a half Ironman on Oct. 30th (1.2m swim, 56m bike, 13.1m Run) and have been riding my new Felt F70 ever since. LOVE CYCLING. I will compete in the Clydesdale Class.

Would love any advice from experienced Tri-people. :)

Hey everyone. I am from Norfolk in the UK. I have to say I am a fair weather cyclist (Sorry) but I have an ambition....

I would like to some time in the not too distant future cycle the coast of the UK, anti-clockwise!!

Has anybody done this, how long did it take and how much training was put in place.

Oh...and by the way I am 52 years young

Cheers

Andy

I'm an architect in Boston, Massachusetts - USA. I commute to work via bike everyday that isn't snowing. When it does I take the T. (subway)

I mostly do city riding and if you have ever been to Boston, you might know that the driving situation here is really... well it sucks. So the best alternative is the bike. You just have to deal with the insane Boston drivers who are merciless to the cyclist. It does provide for an exciting ride everyday though. :eek:

Hi All, I,m from a place called Solihull in the U.K. I'm a site manager at a local school.I used to do Time Trials many years ago,but have not ridden for about 5 years,so i've bought a Pinarello with the intention of getting fit again !!!!!!:confused:

I am from Fairfax, VA & I am the Payroll Manager for a small company. I have not been biking for a while & I am now "fixing up" my 2 bikes and getting back into the sport.
Peter

In the simplest terms, in
the most convenient
definitions of what we
found out, that each one
of us is a brain, an
athlete, a basketcase, a
princess, and a criminal.
Sincerely Yours, The
Breakfast Club

Hi I am from Mumbai INDIA.
We cycle a lot and sometimes there are roads:D
My son is 14 wants to know how to continue now that he has basic mileage
2000kms in last three months

Hi to you all outhere bike fans. I come from Greece I am 27 years old I cycle for fan for at least once per week. I like classic/retro bikes and chopper bikes.

Hi! I'm from Essex, UK. I'm 61 and a roadie. Had some heart problems 18 months ago which forced me off my beloved stead. Now the heart is fixed and I got back on my bike 6 weeks ago. Done 10 miles and suffered like hell.( Well overweight of course, 6ft and 209 lbs ) Now six weeks later and I'm riding 25 miles every other day with no problems and I've lost 5 lbs (If anybody finds them, I don't want them back)
Nice to be part of your community.

Greenboy said:
Brisbane, Australia, Economist, and commuter and recreational cyclist.

Gooday Greenboy, Brisbane the only place to live, North, South, East or West we've got it best.

Birkdale is fairly safe during the day time, that is when I venture out, fresh sea air, warm sunshine, who's a lucky boy then?

K.T.W.I.M.A.D.L.B.U.I.T.S.W.Y.D.O.T.L.C. TBC

biker5 said:
Hi! I'm from Essex, UK. I'm 61 and a roadie. Had some heart problems 18 months ago which forced me off my beloved stead. Now the heart is fixed and I got back on my bike 6 weeks ago. Done 10 miles and suffered like hell.( Well overweight of course, 6ft and 209 lbs ) Now six weeks later and I'm riding 25 miles every other day with no problems and I've lost 5 lbs (If anybody finds them, I don't want them back)
Nice to be part of your community.

G'day biker5, that's a nice part of the world, my inlaws live all around that area, I was there only a month ago, mind you, riding around the country lanes looks a bit dodgy now, with idiot's in tin top boxes charging around as if there's no tomorrow. Why does everyone in the UK drive like a bloody lunatic? I thought it was only crazy Australian's who drove that way?

Got to love that "BIKE" Keep the wheels in motion?TBC