Where are you from,what do you do?

50 year old rider from Vancouver. We can usually ride year round for the most part--but about 5" of snow here yesterday. :( And more on the way apparently.
So it's time to "hit the gym" for now. Welcome everybody.

Guest said:
:) Im from queenland australia and i cycle for fun and also competitively with a club. im now doing 35k each morning for practice.what do you guys do for practice? 8)
I am an army recruiter in Bellingham, wa. I am a regular mtn biker (50-100mi /week) I just bought a road bike and it is a lot harder using different leg muscles. Any training tips? I use the Strength shoes to isolate the Achilles and the calf.

Hi All

As a new member just thought i'd post on this. I,m an oldie (60) semi-retired ,working for an estate agent ( Realtor) in the UK,ride a sirrus sport( Clipless pedals no less) for fun, to try and keep fit and fight off the big C, dont know if it does but I enjoy it(cycling I mean).

Non Carborundum illigitami( Latin was never my strong point)

New member here! I'm from Quincy Illinois and teach at the junior high school. I just began racing this year, last month in fact. I have four cross races undr my belt and didn't do to shabby. I plan on racing on the road next year. Looks to be a great site! Thanks. :)

My name is Kevin, I live in WI and was a retail bike store manager for 12 yrs and I worked inside the industry as a product manager for three yrs. I have been busy the past year trying to keep myself in good enough shape to keep up with my 16 yr old son. I enjoy both mountain biking and road biking. I ride a GT Xizang mountain bike and a Ultegra equiped Panasonic custom road bike. I am actively trying to find a GT Edge Ti frame or bike. I qualify as a Clydsdale and at my age the Ti seems to be the most forgiving ride.

I'm north Sydney. I do about an hour a day, trying to build up for a bike trip around Italy next May. Has anyone done this ? I'd like any info on routes around that country.

Im David, from Hamilton down here in New Zealand.
Started riding my brothers mountain bike to work, and found I liked it so much I went out and bought an OCR1 that happened to be on special:)
I work for fonterra here in hamilton, doing tech support for the software that picks up the milk and pays the farmers.
Never much been into physical excersize, but for some utterly weird reason get slightly giddy at the thought of going out for a blat, do so, and feel pretty good about myself afterwards. Odd, but cool nonetheless.

howdy all,

Daniel a 29yo male from Sydney here and my training is when I hop on my bike occasionally which is not often enough. I own a Felt f-35 with 105 cranks/brakes and ultegra running gear out back. I love my bike,it looks fasts but my legs cant match the machinery which is why I checked out the crit racing tonight and decided im going to be racer. A slow one but who cares its base fitness and no doubt I'll move up the grades in time.

Seriously though I just started doing sprint tri's and finished 2 races so its a start in the right direction and using the crit racing will be part of my tri training.

This is my entrance to the cycling community......yahoo!

Daniel

I live in the Tampa Bay area on the west coast of Florida. I have been riding for approx. 3 years typically 3 times a week. Just purchased a new Giaint TCR full Dura Ace and Ravex carbon handle bars. I rode approx 100 miles this past weekend the new bike is awesom....fast and very comfortable. I'm a local contractor and plan on putting more time on the bike training. My goal is to get into our local A group and be competative

Hi I'am from North Carolina where Lance Armstrong started his comeback.. I work as a 3d artist and I'am currently building a road bike because I destroyed my last one.

Well howdy everyone, my name is Justin and I'm from College Station, TX (Texas A&M Class of 2005, WHOOP!). Just started cycling this past summer and rode in the 2005 Ride for the Roses 70mile route. Now I'm going to start training again and build my knees up (been having problems with them) and hope to do the 2006 BP MS150 and then the next Ride for the Roses, along with little rides here and there.

Old Surf nut from Southern California. Always had a soft spot for cycling. Mtn, Road..it all good. I am ready to move to a new Mtn bike. I have done 6 triathalons on my $20 Miyata 710, that keeps on spinning. I was going to upgrade to a new Road Bike but there is nothing wrong with this 710. So....why?
I saw some other people talking about the 710. Send me a post and I will share some info...if I can help.
:cool:

This is my first ever post on this site although I am a regular visitor and enjoy reading some of the information. My usual cycling hang outs are along Beach road Melbourne (I know, I can hear all the groans now) but do I get down to the Mornington peninsula when I can. The blokes I ride with are a freindly crew and mostly very safe at bunch riding. The 'Brumby's' group from Hampton St Hampton ride every day except Monday and do a circuit down to Mordialoc and back at 6 am. Most days I will get out with these guys and then continue on the treadly and commute into my office at Fitzroy. Occasionly I will do the odd criterium race with Southern Veterans Cycling club either at Sandown raceway on Thurday night or on a road circuit on a Sunday. Oh yeah, I live in Highett and most guys I ride with know me by my nick name String Bag because I would somtimes use one, to carry all manner of items into work including sadwiches, fruit, clothes, pump, wallet etc. The bag is actually called a Billum and is made from tree bark by the indigenous people of the highlands of Papua New Guinea. That just about sums it up.

Hi! I'm new in this forum. I think that I'll learn a lot of things reading and writting with you. I practise cycling road and I do 10000 km/year more or less, and I do races and cycloturism.

I'm from Barcelona (Spain), and I'm 22years old.

See you,

I live in Ogden, Utah I do land surveying for the U.S. Forest Service. I bike to work, 4 miles and home 6 to 10 miles when the temp. is above 28° F.

Hi all

I am a keen cyclist from Melbourne Australia who is trying to get back into the sport after about a 10 year absence (mostly drinking beer).

Generally ride my Giant TCR 1 2004 up and down the Kew Blvd, or down beach Road. If feeling strong do Heidelberg, Diamond Creek, Kinglake Climb, Whitlesea loop approx 100 Km.

Try and fit training in between work and looking after kids (hard), generally after 7pm evenings, and from 6am Sunday's

Actually wouldn't mind some company on the long rides if anyone is interested, I would be about lower D grade standard at this stage, but keen to improve.

If you see someone trailing out of London through Walthamstow into Essex for a 60 mile ride on a red Harry Quinn with the look of someone who could probably find a better way of enjoying themselves, then that's me. Actually I love it - it's just this winter fog that puts me off going out.

Hey y'all!

Hmmm...how would you describe me? I'm a stay-at-home mom/work-from-home medical transcriptionist/air force wife. I am currently living in Utah (where I grew up) with my parents while DH is deployed overseas. We have two little girls, 4 and almost 2. My husband has always been the avid cyclist/triathlete (rides a Trek 5200 USPS edition and Trek Hilo) and I've always been the fan...this last year he got me my first road bike (a used but in new condition 2003 Specialized Allez Pro--never knew a bike could respond like this!!). I have to tell you...as soon as I got on I was like a kid discovering riding a bike for the first time. I am soooo hooked. We will be moving to Texas at the end of DH's deployment and I very excited to get some good mileage in!!

I am very interested in any drills, tips, workout ideas, etc. that would help me be more confident on the bike. I am currently using a bike trainer to keep up my conditioning since it is so COLD outside...any tips on workouts would be appreciated!!

ah, in the ITT, there is no worry of sitting on the back, no chance for it either.

Vo2 said:
So what your'e saying is that you usually sit at the back of the peleton? ;D