Where are you from,what do you do?

Hello from Bristol Tn, I'm recently back on the bike, sold an old Mongoose (pre walmart) to buy my Diamondback, got bikebug bit quick, got upgradeitis, changed seat, tires, pedals and grips, added a Trek rack and a Sunlite cooler bag, then I scored a vintage for cheap (free). This bike had been on a hook in a storage closet for 11 years!!, new chain, tubes, tires and bar wrap and were roadin!! The wife jumped in with her Electra Townie 7 and now I'm just waiting for santawife to deliver the new Felt F90!!! That's just first year! I can't wait to see what's next! Anyway, that's me and hello everyone.

Hi, my name is Larry and I live in New Smyrna Beach Florida. I am not a competitive rider but I try to put in about 100 miles per week for fun.

I recently found a bike in the trash I am considering restoring but can't find any information on it. It is a Concord Freedom, 12 speed with Suntour componants. I suspect it is a late 70', early 80's vintage. If anyone knows something about this bike I would welcome any words. Thanks.

Hello from Jacksonville Florida, I'm Commuter/Roadie - ride about 18 miles a day to and from work and some of the Rails to Trails parks on the weekend. Commuter bike is an early 90's Schwinn CrissCross and the Road bike is a 03 Fuji Team. Currently looking for a new Commuter Bike, Open to suggestions.

Hello everyone!

I'm Dee from Washington state. I'm fairly new to biking, my first bike was a hand me down Trek 2000. For my birthday last year I got a Giant OCR touring bike. I used to ride almost everyday, however, I discovered motorcycles back in May, and I haven't been on a bicycle since Easter. Yes, I know, I have become a lazy slob. However, in an effort to redeem myself, we have purchased a Tacx Fortius/I-magic, and if I can get the darn thing to work, I will hopefully get rid of these extra 30lbs I've gained before the snow melts. I couldn't pedal my butt around our local river loop trail if my life depended on it. --sigh--

Hi All,

My name is Edwin J Joenoes (53 y.o. today), reside in city of Jakarta, Indonesia., working for a geothermal company situated in island of Bali.

Last week end I was starting to ride my old road bike again for the first time since 1997, and I found out my leg doesn't listen to me anymore.

I am looking forward to receive any suggestion or guideline from forum members how to ride with a program according to my age and my conditions.

I owned a road bike 1994/95 DeRosa titanio

Regards from Jakarta

Edwin J Joenoes

Hi I live here in saginaw michigan, I am a ward secretary and a patient care tech in a dialysis clinic here in my area I work full-time and attend college finishing my associate degree. Lisa:)

Hello, I'm from Austin TX...been riding road bikes for the past 2.5 years...currently have a 5200 trek women's specific, with a few changes ;) ~ 650 Mavic Ksyrium elite wheels, fsa cranks, Dura Ace...simply love it! Great therapy. Trying to get involved with a women's racing team...no luck yet...

:) Howdy!

I'm from Tennessee, USA! Have been retired for quite a spell and needing some exercise.

Am interested in a recumbent trike on which I can mount a 49cc motor. I don't want to pedal too much!

Would like input from others. Many thanks.

John

Hello everyone ! I am from Northern California and have been cycling for some time now. I' m trying to get my wife interested in the activity but she is pretty stubborn and likes her running. We'll see how it goes.

;)

hey guys i am new here and a elite amatuer racer in Spain for this year but started in chicago,il for a year and found europe to be cycling heaven

Hi everyone. I'm from Guelph Ontario in Canada. I have been quietly viewing posts in the saddle area for I am a custom saddle builder. There is some interesting feedback to learn and grow my knowledge.

Thanks and I hope to hear more saddle issues and I hope I can help a few hard cases out.

Hi everyone, just joined today on recomendation of a friend. I am from Manchester, UK and cant wait to get my road bike to start riding again.

I am looking for advice on my first bike, training regiemes etc and this seems like the perfect place to find them.

I used to love cycling before i went to uni, but 3 years of the party life have taken their toll and its time for me to do something about it. My new found ambition to cycle is 2 fold. Firstly i plan to raise some money for the Junior Football Club i coach at as well as looking to lose weight and improve my fitness.

Anyway, thats enough from me, and i hope to become an active part of this very large community.

Cheers

well if you are looking for your first bike i have one for sale that is ready to ship and pics are on the classified forum now so check it out you might like it

Cesar

i am from new york and new on the cycling scene. i hope to enter a couple of races after some major training. if anyone got any helpful info please share.

Hey everyone, my name's Tim...I bike for fun, for fitness, and for travel...I got into biking a few years back when I decided to ride to work (20 mi each way), and got hooked. I now bike to work 2-3 times a week in the summer (22 mi each way, hilly), and do some long rides on the weekends.

I've never done any races before, but I'm interested in trying.

I currently live right outside the shadows of NYC in NJ, but i'm from boston orignally.

Hey John~ Think it's great that you want to get into cycling...before you look into a 49cc motor:eek: try using your own:) That's the beauty of it all!!!
yazooms37342 said:
:) Howdy!

I'm from Tennessee, USA! Have been retired for quite a spell and needing some exercise.

Am interested in a recumbent trike on which I can mount a 49cc motor. I don't want to pedal too much!

Would like input from others. Many thanks.

John

Hi all,
Im a grapegrower/winemaker (vigneron) from west oz.
I supply the Hardy/Houghtons wine group with fruit and make about 7-8t of grapes into my own brand of poison called Snottygobble Wines ( a local native shrub).
My 3 kids are now just big enough for me to be able to take off in the afternoons for a ride without feeling too guilty at leaving the missus home with the beasts all to herself.
I have a 15 year old Montari Avanti with cutting edge 200gs shimano 21 speed.
Awesome centre pull brakes that can get me down from 40k's to 35 in only 3 or 4 hundred metres. Wicked rigid front that makes it pretty much impossible to see on a rough track at anything over 20k's as my eyes wont work when they vibrate at more than 380 bpm.
I am saving for an '06 xtc2.
Cheers, Craigio.

Im from Phoenix Az , I go to school part time and try to ride full time. I lost my left leg ( below the knee ) in march of 05 . So Now Im out to win any race I do !!! :D